Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Discontinued!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Hello ladies! I know there a lot of random posts throughout this forum about our favorite products that have been discontinued, but figured it might be nice to have a central place to bemoan our beloved discontinued products! Whine away, ladies lol

For me, it's the recent discovery that Sephora has discontinued their Tricks of the Trade lip primer and sealer. In particular, the lip primer is the most amazing product ever and I have been snatching it up whenever I can - I think I have 4 extras at the moment!

There's also that perfect, pale pink MAC eyeshadow, one of my favorites, called Petalescent. I discovered its unavailability after the airline lost mine at Christmas and I haven't been able to find a suitable replacement. BOO!

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
I have a mini YSL lipstick and i'd love a full sized one as it's almost finished but I recently found out that line was discontinued :( It's was the Rouge Personnel line.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Miss Scarlet said:
Yves Rocher. I used to love their exfoliant and everything used to smell yummy.

I loved Yves Rocher! Great products.

Antje said:
the queen rezolium pomade

Wait, how long ago did they stop making this? I have a vintage container at home as part of my pomade tin collection.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
They still make Revlon Colorstay lipstick, but have changed the formula, tube, and colors.

I still mourn the loss of their Raisin color. It was my perfect every day lipstick.

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
Bath & Body Works C.O. Bigelow line: Rose facial tonic. Rose water, witch hazel, and glycerine, I think. In theory, I could try to make my own, but I don't wanna! :::whine:::

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Miss Scarlet said:
Yves Rocher. I used to love their exfoliant and everything used to smell yummy.

The way you said that, it sounded as if the entire company is gone, which put me in a momentary panic, despite having received a catalog just the other week.
It is frustrating, though, how they regularly introduce a product only to discontinue within a year or two. I adored their Extreme Velvet foundation - what a perfect finish it gave. Now I'm having a monster of a time finding something to replace it; everything I've tried is either too thick and dense, or too shiny.

YR also did tiny tins of floral fragrance creme that were lovely.

palespider

One of the Regulars
cover girl freshlook in 2005-made a foundation that was just perfect for me and changed the formula that year. crap on stick- never found anything that fit me better since. perfect cool pink tones for very light skin- no yellow or orange unlike now. :(

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Your skin tone sounds like mine. Have you tried L'Oreal Visible Lift (with SPF 17 built in) in their palest color? I believe it's called Pale - number 101. That's what I use, with their Translucide translucent loose powder. It works for me!

Antje

One Too Many

palespider

One of the Regulars
Babydoll said:
Your skin tone sounds like mine. Have you tried L'Oreal Visible Lift (with SPF 17 built in) in their palest color? I believe it's called Pale - number 101. That's what I use, with their Translucide translucent loose powder. It works for me!

I stop trying drug store brands because i couldnt return them unlike department store but im willing to on a rec' thanks!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Babydoll said:
Is it a colorstay format? I kiss on Lilypie all day, and don't want to leave marks on her!

I don't remember - I haven't worn it for a long time. I generally have good luck with MAC's staying power though, as long as I apply it properly!

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
palespider said:
I stop trying drug store brands because i couldnt return them unlike department store but im willing to on a rec' thanks!

How odd. Near me, Target and CVS both take make up returns, no questions asked. Which is good if you have the random allergic reaction, like I do. I think many stores have changed their policies in the last couple years... Have you checked with their customer service dept lately?

swinggal

One Too Many
Puzzicato said:
Estee Lauder China Red lipstick. Body Shop lip inks.

I loved the the BS lip inks too :( They really lasted and felt like you were wearing nothing. I've tried a another brand since but it never lasts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot