Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Discontinued!

Drappa

One Too Many
I am so depressed that Maybelline discontinued Full'n Soft Mascara. It was the only waterproof that made my lashes look great, didn't clump and didn't uncurl them after application. I have been on the hunt for a replacement ever since but nothing comes close.

RainEdayWoman

Familiar Face
Maybeliine Lash Stylist Mascara in Black..They really screwed up when they discontinued that for the Stiletto line which is horrible. I manage to snag a dozen on EBay shortly after it was discontinued. Hopefully they will last me a long time. I do not wear makeup often anymore so I should have my favorite mascara long enough for a new favorite to come out.

Also, there was a line of makeup at Sallys that had the prettiest brick red lipstick. I wish i would have picked up several when I had the chance because now the company is non existent. I am thinking about searching out that company that can duplicate any color cosmetic. It costs a small fortune but if I can get more of this color I will pay an arm and leg for it. It was the perfect deep red.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
RainEdayWoman said:
Maybeliine Lash Stylist Mascara in Black..They really screwed up when they discontinued that for the Stiletto line which is horrible.

My mom has also been lamenting the loss of this product!

TillyMilly

One of the Regulars
MAC is discontinuing Studiosticks. Thier colours are supposed to be the same throughout the different formulas but they're not- and the stick foundation is really really pale in comparrison which is great (I use NW15 for pink undertones). I have given up liquid foundation (e.g. Studiofinish) which I find hard to use for creame-powder ones- and this one is so easy to use and gives a flawless velvety finish in seconds. I just stroke it on and blend with my fingers if I'm being quick. I've got 2 backups which should last whilst I find a replacement.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Tishkaminx said:
MAC is discontinuing Studiosticks. Thier colours are supposed to be the same throughout the different formulas but they're not- and the stick foundation is really really pale in comparrison which is great (I use NW15 for pink undertones). I have given up liquid foundation (e.g. Studiofinish) which I find hard to use for creame-powder ones- and this one is so easy to use and gives a flawless velvety finish in seconds. I just stroke it on and blend with my fingers if I'm being quick. I've got 2 backups which should last whilst I find a replacement.

You might want to try MAC Mineralize cream foundation. I started using it when they discontinued my previous one and have been very happy with it (I also use NW15). It doesn't have that powder finish you're looking for, but it gives great coverage and with a light dusting of powder, it gives a fantastic, dewy finish.

olive bleu

One Too Many
I guess this is the best place to post this, but really this was a limited edition collection anyway, so i can only got to buy these products once, but i still sigh whenever i look at all my empty containers..the only thing i have left is some of the red lipstick, which i only use on the best occasions..this collection came out around christmas in 2008.

This is from my favourite cosmetics company..Marcelle..canada only , i think...a drugstore brand, but i have used it for years..

IMG_5526.jpg

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Puzzicato said:
But it is the fact that it is the real jasmine and rose that made it so special!

One step closer to soylent green.

OMG that movie is sooo funny. I like cheesy movies, but what a dud!

Apparently not discontinued, but I haven't seen it around in a few years! :(

Retro Glow Illuminating Face Powder - Physicians Formula

51foO0pYN-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

X
BD

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Black Dahlia said:
Apparently not discontinued, but I haven't seen it around in a few years! :(

Retro Glow Illuminating Face Powder - Physicians Formula

51foO0pYN-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I actually don't see it listed on their website anymore. All I'm seeing is the Retro Glow Mosaic powder. They have 2 packs of it on Amazon, though, for $20.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab

jillybeanlynn

Familiar Face
This isn't so much a particular makeup shade or product, but an entire line. Aromaleigh Mineral makeup, an indie mineral makeup company, closed recently. The last of the product will go on sale in a couple weeks.

I swear, she made the most beautifully pigmented and creatively colored eyeshadows I've ever seen, and my favorite blush, as well as a powder that worked so well with my skin. It's light green and works crazy well at making the face glow, despite how weird it sounds to have light green face powder. Needless to say, I dropped a chunk of my paycheck buying up stuff, and I may never need to buy eyeshadow ever again.

Dexter'sDame

One of the Regulars
Max Factor...

Max Factor High Definition eyeliner pencil in Soft Black. It was the perfect combination of "smudgable" and "long-lasting"...smudgy enough to do a great vintage smokey eye, yet waxy enough to last all day, even in summer heat.

The Soft Black color was perfect for fair skin (even for daytime), and nothing I've tried before or since has ever worked so well, at any price point. Plus, the color looked almost identical to an early 1930's eyeliner pencil on display at the Max Factor museum, so I felt especially "vintage" wearing it.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Just found out they discontinued my favorite fragrance, Ellen Tracy. Does anyone know how long a perfume will remain intact if it's in a spray bottle and not open to the air?

MaryMary

One of the Regulars
LizzieMaine said:
I'm still grieving for the loss of Coty 24 lipstick, which disappeared in the late '90s -- I still have the last one I bought, and am guarding it jealously.

hahahaha Lizzie the only time I laugh outloud is when I read your posts... lol That gives me quite the imagery...you holed up in a corner, clutching a tube of lipstick....hahahaha!

MaryMary

One of the Regulars
olive bleu said:
I guess this is the best place to post this, but really this was a limited edition collection anyway, so i can only got to buy these products once, but i still sigh whenever i look at all my empty containers..the only thing i have left is some of the red lipstick, which i only use on the best occasions..this collection came out around christmas in 2008.

This is from my favourite cosmetics company..Marcelle..canada only , i think...a drugstore brand, but i have used it for years..

IMG_5526.jpg

Ok...living in Canada, I am really wondering how I missed this set!!! Awwwww that is sad! :(

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I quite like a few products from the Body & Soul Cosmetics line..but it's no where in the shops around here anymore. The website is up, but just with a message. Hope they come back...lovely packaging, and great face powder.

body-and-soul-large.jpg

X
BD
PS some left over stuff avail here: http://www.powdersandpotions.com/bodyandsoulcosmetics.html

PSS I emailed the company. The line is being revamped and relaunched next year. I hope it keeps the vintage glamour look - and the excellent quality!

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
If Coty Airspun powder is ever discontinued, I will buy every container I can find within the tri-county area, regardless of cost. I love that stuff!

scarlett said:
I miss my Besame mascara and when my rose lotion and loose powder run out, I'll miss those too.
Beauty experts always say, "if your beauty products have been discontinued, it's way past time for a change." Hmmmm

I was pretty upset when I could no longer get the Besame 1930s gingerbread mascara. I bought the last 2 tubes at a local boutique, on clearance no less.

The best close second I've found is Aveda's "Mascara Plus Rose." The packaging is nowhere near as glamorous, but it gives an almost identical look, and it has a fantastic rose scent. Unfortunately I suspect it is also on the road to being discontinued, as it is only available in stores and not on their website.

Sunny

One Too Many
fortworthgal said:
If Coty Airspun powder is ever discontinued, I will buy every container I can find within the tri-county area, regardless of cost. I love that stuff!

Have you bought any recently? The last time around, I was finding it in new PLASTIC boxes instead of the carboard and paper ones. And while it seems to look and apply the same, the fragrance is different - more flower than before. I don't like it as well. I've been afraid to look into it, though, and decide if I need to go on a grand stock-up hunt.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Sunny said:
Have you bought any recently? The last time around, I was finding it in new PLASTIC boxes instead of the carboard and paper ones. And while it seems to look and apply the same, the fragrance is different - more flower than before. I don't like it as well. I've been afraid to look into it, though, and decide if I need to go on a grand stock-up hunt.

I actually just bought some Friday night. You're right, they seem to have done away with the old-style cardboard containers. At least, I only saw plastic available at 2 different Walgreen's. I'll have to check around and see if I come up with cardboard anywhere. The cardboard packaging was lovely and very retro... but not very practical.

I hate to admit this... but I was actually a little bit pleased, because the cardboard container always made a colossal mess out of my makeup case. I did save my last cardboard container after it was empty, because it was one of the 1935 commemorative containers. I have it in our front bathroom on a shelf displayed with other vintage products.

The fragrance does seem to be the same, but it is definitely much stronger. I wonder if this is somehow due to the packaging, i.e. the plastic "sealing" the fragrance in? I know the scent has always been L'Origan, which is a fragrance from 1905. I used the powder this morning and I didn't notice any obvious differences other than the considerably stronger scent.

Sunny

One Too Many
Ah, that's a good thought about the plastic containing the fragrance better. Maybe I need to air mine out - I'm a little sensitive to flowery smells! I'm glad I can tell myself it's still the same, though.

I've been using Coty for several years now (with pin holes poked in the plastic), and I just store the box upside down so powder doesn't sift down around the edges of the lid. Possibly the plastic box won't do that, but it's a habit now so I doubt I'll change!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot