Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Discontinued!

TillyMilly

One of the Regulars
Miss Hannah, Lucky you.

I headed over to ebay last week and there was no sign- I guess you were in the right time, right place! :)

MissHannah

One Too Many
It was the first thing I did as soon as I heard they were discontinuing it. Not to brag but I only paid 99p for one pot and £1-something for the other :rolleyes:

melanie

One of the Regulars
MissHannah said:
The traditional line is cold cream, rosewater and glycerine toner and a couple of other bits. It's in very plain packaging and doesn't cost much. They have it in the small Boots near where I work - I think it's aimed at the older ladies.

coldcream.jpg

(Sorry Fleur - stole your photo!)

boots_glyc_rosewater_toner.jpg

I managed to get 2 tubs of the Original Formula rose cold cream on Ebay - they will just have to last!

Thanks for showing me the piccies, I'll look out for those when I am in town next week. :)

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Puzzicato said:
What? That is a tragedy!

As I understand it, they've reformulated due to the scent's high concentration of jasmine, and they're concerned with allergic reactions (even though it's been around for 80 years with no resultant deaths that I'm aware of). [huh] Said pure jasmine to be replaced by ersatz.

Apparently other perfumes have come under the axe as well...

Puzzicato

One Too Many
bunnyb.gal said:
As I understand it, they've reformulated due to the scent's high concentration of jasmine, and they're concerned with allergic reactions (even though it's been around for 80 years with no resultant deaths that I'm aware of). [huh] Said pure jasmine to be replaced by ersatz.

Apparently other perfumes have come under the axe as well...

But it is the fact that it is the real jasmine and rose that made it so special!

One step closer to soylent green.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I have always wanted to see Soylent Green!

Melanie, Hannah's posted the main two, there are also two moisturising creams and I think a handcream. I love the cold cream, even though it's not rose scented.

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
KittyT said:
:eek:fftopic: Soylent Green...it's PEEEEEEEEOPLE!

(Sorry, I couldn't help myself. It's a programmed response!)

lol For Edward G. completists only...Mr. Heston does an awful lot of scenery chewing!

Puzzicato, I've loved Joy ever since I was a tot, and it really does grind my gears that they're fixing what's not been broken for 80 years. I can't figure the logic on it.

Puzzicato

One Too Many
bunnyb.gal said:
Puzzicato, I've loved Joy ever since I was a tot, and it really does grind my gears that they're fixing what's not been broken for 80 years. I can't figure the logic on it.

My husband bought it as our "date night" perfume. I'll have to tell him we can't go on any more dates so my perfume will last :eek:

melanie

One of the Regulars
Fleur De Guerre said:
I have always wanted to see Soylent Green!

Melanie, Hannah's posted the main two, there are also two moisturising creams and I think a handcream. I love the cold cream, even though it's not rose scented.

Oh brill, I will definitely look out for those, and these products are here to stay are they?

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
melanie said:
Oh brill, I will definitely look out for those, and these products are here to stay are they?

I haven't a clue, but since they have no ties to any anniversaries and have been around for at the very least 5 years (the first time I saw them) and I would suspect probably more like decades, I doubt they're going anywhere!

scarlett

One of the Regulars
I miss my Besame mascara and when my rose lotion and loose powder run out, I'll miss those too.
Beauty experts always say, "if your beauty products have been discontinued, it's way past time for a change." Hmmmm

Lady Jessica

One of the Regulars
I don't know if it's been discontinued but I can't find it anywhere around. Aquafina's Hydrating Lip Oil. I had very chapped lips and before i went to bed I lathered this one and when I woke up they were as soft as ever. I can't stand the feel of stuff on my lips so I only wore it while sleeping to fix chapped lips but it worked wonderfully!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR