Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dita Von Teese

Status
Not open for further replies.

dollfaced

Familiar Face
Hello girls i thought it would be nice to start a thread about Dita Von Teese.I think she has all the style and grace of a woman from the 1940's i have her two books intilted " Tha Art Of The Tesse" as well as "Fetish Goddess Dita" . I like these books mainly for her pictures because it is a good reference for hair styles and makeup. I would love to know what lipstick shades or cosmetics she uses. I heard she uses YSL and Christian Dior but i don't know how true that is.I know on her website she use to carry 3 shades of lipstick but i guess they removed them or sold out or just don't sell them anymore! I think it would be so cool if she would come up with her own cosmetic line i know she has her own shampoo i have always been curious about how well it works but im picky about trying knew things. If anyone has info to share on her i would love to here all about it! Thanks:)

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
A good egg, Heather (Dita) is. I've known her since the later '90s, when she had a collection of sugardaddies squiring her to vintage clothing shows, buying her whatever she wanted. (By sugardaddies, I mean nebbishy middle-aged dentists.) This was long before Marilyn Manson, of course.

Etienne

A-List Customer
Boy, do I feel out of the loop here! Who IS Dita? (I'm having a hard time pairing her full name, and her book titles, with words like "grace"--a mental picture that is failing me.) Could someone fill me in?

decodoll

Practically Family
Etienne, this is Dita...

dita3.jpg

She is a pin-up/fetish model and burlesque dancer.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Etienne said:
Boy, do I feel out of the loop here! Who IS Dita? (I'm having a hard time pairing her full name, and her book titles, with words like "grace"--a mental picture that is failing me.) Could someone fill me in?

Well...in her daily life (from what I understand) she is extremely classy and demure, beautifully put together, and generally to be admired. Even her burlesque is very classic, amazing sets. But yes, she does strip down to a thong (no pasties), and yes, she does have a fetish book out. So, try to reconcile it or don't. She is gorgeous either way.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Well...in her daily life (from what I understand) she is extremely classy and demure, beautifully put together, and generally to be admired. Even her burlesque is very classic, amazing sets. But yes, she does strip down to a thong (no pasties), and yes, she does have a fetish book out. So, try to reconcile it or don't. She is gorgeous either way.

In her book (I have never seen her dance live) she mentions her burlesque and how the risk of dancing in water in her martini glass act means that a pastie once fell off and she had to do the rest of it with only one on. I believe (but please feel free to correct me) that she actually always wears pasties.

I met the lady herself when she was on her recent book signing tour and she was unbelievably stunning. Tiny, perfectly coiffed, manicured and made-up and so polite and softly spoken. A true modern icon, in my eyes.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Heather has jet black hair (dyed) and flawless -- and I do mean flawless -- porcelain skin. No silicone anything. She has a classical dancer's physical bearing: great posture and balance, gliding as she walks. In other words, very graceful.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
I am not exactly sure when she had them done, but I think it was right before she started doing Playboy's Special additions (when she had Bettie bangs). I don't think she had them in her Hustler days (blonde).

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dita's early career with Playboy

"... and she DOES(has done) do nude modelling too- not just the pinup stuff.

She is a looker."

Yes. Dita was a regular in the Playboy Book(s) Of...(Newsstand Specials) back in the '90's. These were Lingerie, Swimwear, Wet & Wild, picture books produced with no advertising or editorial content. Many recognizable celebrities of today started out there; Cindy Margolis comes to mind.

-dixon cannon

Tourbillion

Practically Family
What do you expect? There is mention of a pin-up model. I've seen her "show" and yes she had pasties, but when we hired her for my bosses party (I wasn't invited) I don't believe she bothered.

Anyone seen any of her ehem "films?"

p.s. how long ago was she blonde? She's had the Bettie Page look going for as long as I can remember (i.e. since abt 1993).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland