Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dita Von Teese

Status
Not open for further replies.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
She has beautiful taste in clothing, though I would love to see her in vintage more often, instead of the modern pieces she seems to wear a lot of these days. I bought two dresses, a jacket, and a pair of shoes when a friend of hers (Stacia) was selling some of Dita's collection on eBay--it was all top-notch stuff. Lucky for me that we wear the same size ;)

Tourbillion--I have seen a couple of her films. They are interesting, I would say. (Her pinup work is excellent, but her fetish work doesn't really appeal to me.) She's also in a film called "The Death of Salvador Dali" that looks appealing, at least from a fashion perspective ;)

Dali_Gala_Freud_front.jpg

MissQueenie

Practically Family
Ahem.

Excuse me, lads, but nose out.

If you want to start your own, general thread on Dita, please do so in another room. I am getting awfully tired of men putting their noses in here with us girls, I tell you what.

Oh, and let's try to keep this PG or PG-13...some of our readers may be under age and we wouldn't want to violate our "family friendly" policy!

As far as miss Dita goes, I think she's lovely. I only wish I knew where she got her hats! Does anyone know if those darlings are vintage, new, or some of both?

Tourbillion

Practically Family
I am imagining the shoe hat in the photo above is new, but who knows? My ex has her phone number, but I'd feel stupid calling her...

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Does anyone know if those darlings are vintage, new, or some of both?

I have seen a few lovely 1940s doll hats of hers turn up on eBay; now that her popularity has risen the prices have gone up too:rolleyes:

I would imagine that she wears both old and new hats, though all look very authentic!

dollfaced

Familiar Face
Dita

I'm sure her shoe hat is knew i know i read that she goes to all the thrift shops in search of vintage hats and other vintage goodies i would imagine in Hollywood since thats where she lives, but now with her gained popularity with being in vogue and all the designers who are inspired by her she may very well have just as much newly made reproduction vintage clothing as well as authentic vintage.I saw one of her shows a few years back it was well worth the $15.00 bucks i sat on the stage in front and it was wonderful she got in a huge martini glass and did a feather dance highly recommend going to one at least. I don't care much for her fetish side myself just her glamour 1940's side.I love her pale white skin i wonder how she stays so far or if she puts makeup on her skin?

decodoll

Practically Family
Lots of sunblock, I would imagine. :)

Jitterbugdoll, I have a couple of her jackets from when Stacia was selling things for her. Just imagine what her things would go for now on ebay, considering what some of these good early 40's dresses goes for nowadays that didn't belong to Dita!

I believe she was blonde around 1990, and a redhead for a short time after that before the black. Here are some cropped pics from my husband's files.:rolleyes: One of them is also pre-silicone, but can't post that part!

ditablonde01.jpg

ditablonde02.jpg

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
MissQueenie said:

If you want to start your own, general thread on Dita, please do so in another room. I am getting awfully tired of men putting their noses in here with us girls, I tell you what.

Your annoyance and concern have been duly noted, Miss Queenie. I've gone ahead and started a thread called "Dita Von Teese 'for Men' ". Any men interested can find it in the Observation Bar.

MissQueenie said:
Oh, and let's try to keep this PG or PG-13...

And not pre-code? :)

dollfaced

Familiar Face
Dita as a blonde

Wow this is the first time i have ever seen her with blonde hair no wonder she dyed it black she looks so much better with black hair that might be what really brings out her pale white skin!

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
dollfaced said:
Wow this is the first time i have ever seen her with blonde hair no wonder she dyed it black she looks so much better with black hair that might be what really brings out her pale white skin!

Well her skin wasnt pale there either.....nice golden glow....

If you ask me....her now look just -begs- for self tanner....after all...pale is bad lol

Feraud

Bartender
MissQueenie said:

Are men not allowed to post in the Powder Room or are perceived sexist comments the problem? Just asking....

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I adore Dita. She's gorgeous and classy, and her style is amazing. She's an icon. Yes, she strips - but I can deal with that. To each their own.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Ive never been much on hero worship, this woman or otherwise.

Seems like shes done a 'Marilyn' and fixed herself up for a speciific demographic and is making money out of it. Good for her, I guess. I dont know, a thread dedicated to a person just seems strange to me.

LD
[huh]

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
I just want to thank Miss Queenie for suggesting that we open a new version of this thread in the Observation Bar.

It's been widely-viewed, illuminating, and fun to boot. A great window into burlesque, both past and present.

Once again, please join me in thanking Miss Queenie :) . And for those who have participated in the Observation Bar thread, thank yourselves! :eusa_clap

MissQueenie

Practically Family
Marc, I've asked once nicely. In general, I feel that it is largely inappropriate for men to comment in what are (by and large) discussions between "us girls" -- I don't just mean the lingerie threads, either. I'm tired of having to weed my way through comment after off-topic comment posted to the PR by men for their own purposes. It's not cute, it's damned tedious. That's why we have great places to post chatty stuff like the Observation Room.

The gentlemen of the lounge have indeed contributed their insight to a number of threads in the PR, and I think that's fantastic. In some threads, more conversational posting by men actually adds color to the thread (see the current "swooning" thread for a nice example of how gentleman can and DO post). I do believe, however, that men posting in the Powder Room would do best to show some courteous restraint in the content and frequency of their postings. It's an issue of respect.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
I'm being sincere, Miss Queenie.

As soon as you voiced your annoyance and concern, I took your suggestion and opened a "Dita" thread in the Observation Bar. It proved to be the right suggestion. The new thread has been a success.

In short, you had a good idea, and I wanted to thank you for it. That's it. No hidden anything.

All the best,
Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass