Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does this Levis Leather Trucker fit me???

1avrgjoe

Familiar Face
Hey all. I've been away for a while but I need some expert advice. I got a new Levis jacket, I love these! Pretty much the coolest jacket IMO, but only if the fit is correct. I feel like it's maybe 1-3" too short. The shoulders fit snug like they should but when I button it it bunches up around my chest. Now I've recently joined a gym again, I had to stay away for 2 years because of an elbow injury. So I think I'll lose 15-20 lbs (I REALLY HOPE SO). I'd love to break this jacket in, beat the hell out of it really, so I look like a real cowboy ;). Will it stretch some when it breaks in, or will it shrink?
IMG_0015_zpsf91a5ede.jpg
IMG_0018_zps5b5de406.jpg
IMG_0028_zps05c5a1be.jpg

John Galt

Vendor
Nice jacket! Too small IMHO. It looks just like the Eddie Bauer I bought years ago, had stolen & finally replaced. I would also be interested in knowing where you got it.

Peacoat

Bartender
In the zipped picture, it looks as though you let your pants drop a bit. Good length in the unzipped picture. Looks like a good fit everywhere else. The jacket might stretch a bit as you wear it and break it in; it certainly won't shrink unless you get it wet. Even then, it might not shrink too much, if at all.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I think it suits you. Maybe a little short when zipped but that's my preference. I generally want a jacket at the back to sit 2 inches below the belt. So any jacket which doesn't do this doesn't make it. As Grayland says a trucker is a shorter style so it works. But is it for you?

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
Looks good. If you're gonna be losing weight the chest will likely be fine too. Trucker jackets are cool worn unbuttoned in the meantime.

Been planning a very similar jacket myself, congrats.

winterland1

Practically Family
It does look a little tight on the top closed button but it will break in as you wear it. If you lose a few pounds as planned should be just perfect. A good incentive.
As others have said the style is a shorter jacket. It is a more fitted look so keep the pants on the more fitted side when wearing and should look fine. Looks to be a fairly hefty leather. Nice jacket.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My 2 cents, sure it looks a little tight when buttoned but it looks like its probably a light jacket for spring....how often are you going to actually button it all the way up when wearing it? I never wear my levi jacket buttoned up...

Looks great imo, enjoy it.

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
I'm not convinced that the style suits you - the jacket looks a size too small when fastened (and the collar disproportionately high as it sits higher on the chest).

John Galt

Vendor
Could just be stiff, but I thought it was both riding high in the collar and a little tight in the midriff. No judgment, just MHO (you asked ;-)

Mr.Astor

Banned
A little tight in the waist zipped. Shoulder's have too stretch out. Nothing worse than a leather jacket that you have too huff up everything so you feel comfortable! My experience is they never stretch enough in all direction's. Still a nice looking jacket. I could sell you a nice Langlitz you can let out the sides.
You appear to be a 42 long or a light 44. If you like enjoy it, where your from how many times will you have to zip it up??

trapp

Practically Family
It looks good in the first two photos, unbuttoned (as others have said). Length is fine for a trucker. The collar only appears high in the photo where you buttoned it; the combination of the jacket being snug in the chest and new (and likely on the stiff side) is probably making it ride like that.

Is it comfortable? If not, you may never wear it enough for it to ever fit well and feel good. It seems to fit in the length, the shoulders, the sleeves....everywhere except the chest. But that's biggie, and it looks like you're already only wearing a t-shirt. It seems like you'll need to either wear it unbuttoned (which is okay with this style) or plan to get smaller.

Last edited:

Lone Starr

New in Town
I think the sleeves look a bit too long for you. As you work the jacket in they may appear longer. Water can be used to shrink leather and help with the working in process, depending on the look you are going for. If you wear it all the way buttoned up and wear it every day (even sleep in it if you can), the leather will relax and shape to your body. Then you'll loose some of that brand new jacket look you got going on there. Good luck.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It seems like you'll need to either wear it unbuttoned (which is okay with this style) or plan to get smaller.

This made me chuckle, forget finding a jacket that fits you, you need to change to fit the jacket!! rofl

pipvh

Practically Family
The collar is sitting way too high and the proportions are out of whack on you. I've always found trucker-style jackets to be incredibly unforgiving with the wrong body shape (ie mine) - looks like a very nice bit of leather, though, so it might be worth persevering with it.

IXL

One Too Many
The jacket, in my opinion is just plain too small by a bit. Even when worn open it has a larger gap than most. When buttoned, there is an obvious pull. It doesn't look bad but does look small. I do think the collar will ease up with time and not appear as high as it does now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran