Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does this Levis Leather Trucker fit me???

1avrgjoe

Familiar Face
Thanks to all of you. It's a tough one because I've wanted this particular jacket for so long and I'm afraid it isn't going to work. I agree about the collar, I was pulling on it and folding it trying to make it look good but it's high, it may break in but I'm not sure I want to risk it. I pull it down constantly too. I have another Levis in XL that fits better, not Red Tab though, no Levi's on the buttons, I'm so silly w/the labels and tabs like it matters to anyone but me! Here's a pic
IMG_0013_zps08feaa18.jpg
IMG_0012_zps79d1c1fc.jpg
IMG_0008_zps59e487d9.jpg

1avrgjoe

Familiar Face
I got the smaller Red Tab jacket at a leather shop. It was the only one. The Red Tab jackets are usually $500-$700 so when I saw this for $470 I had to do it. I felt like it was close on fit and the lady in the shop played me like a pro told me how great it looked. I'd be happy to keep it if I can pull it off but IDK, I might lose weight, may not, and I doubt I'll be getting much shorter any time soon. It's a large and I wear 44 or 46 depending on jacket. Like Aero told me my 46 HWM was too big, I like it though, wish it was an inch longer. If anyone wants it I'll take what I paid for it. Shipping won't be expensive as it will fit in a medium flat rate box which costs $13.

1avrgjoe

Familiar Face
I pulled my pants up and clipped the collar, also just have a T-shirt underneath. It seems to be a little better but that might just be wishful thinking. It could be a good Spring/Fall jacket.
IMG_0013_zps6658c151.jpg
IMG_0010_zps94952789.jpg IMG_0005_zps41e5c1fc.jpg
IMG_0005_zps41e5c1fc.jpg

John Galt

Vendor
Bottom line is that it doesn't look comfortable zipped up, and I doubt that it feels comfortable that way. Best of luck!

John Galt

Vendor
A thought, maybe you're just getting too much input. Here's an interesting story from Thomas Jefferson about public comment on the first draft of they Declaration of Independence that gave me a chuckle:

From a letter Thomas Jefferson wrote to Robert Walsh, 4 December 1818:

"I was sitting by Dr. Franklin, who perceived that I was not insensible to these mutilations. “I have made it a rule,” said he, “whenever in my power, to avoid becoming the draughtsman of papers to be reviewed by a public body. I took my lesson from an incident which I will relate to you. When I was a journeyman printer, one of my companions, an apprentice hatter, having served out his time, was about to open shop for himself. His first concern was to have a handsome signboard, with a proper inscription. He composed it in these words, ‘John Thompson, Hatter, makes and sells hats for ready money,’ with a figure of a hat subjoined; but he thought he would submit it to his friends for their amendments. The first he showed it to thought the word ‘Hatter’ tautologous, because followed by the words ‘makes hats,’ which show he was a hatter. It was struck out. The next observed that the word ‘makes’ might as well be omitted, because his customers would not care who made the hats. If good and to their mind, they would buy, by whomsoever made. He struck it out. A third said he thought the words ‘for ready money’ were useless, as it was not the custom of the place to sell on credit. Every one who purchased expected to pay. They were parted with, and the inscription now stood, ‘John Thompson sells hats.’ ‘Sells hats!’ says his next friend. Why nobody will expect you to give them away, what then is the use of that word? It was stricken out, and ‘hats’ followed it, the rather as there was one painted on the board. So the inscription was reduced ultimately to ‘John Thompson’ with the figure of a hat subjoined.”

1avrgjoe

Familiar Face
Opinions and reviews

A thought, maybe you're just getting too much input. Here's an interesting story from Thomas Jefferson about public comment on the first draft of they Declaration of Independence that gave me a chuckle:

From a letter Thomas Jefferson wrote to Robert Walsh, 4 December 1818:

"I was sitting by Dr. Franklin, who perceived that I was not insensible to these mutilations. “I have made it a rule,” said he, “whenever in my power, to avoid becoming the draughtsman of papers to be reviewed by a public body. I took my lesson from an incident which I will relate to you. When I was a journeyman printer, one of my companions, an apprentice hatter, having served out his time, was about to open shop for himself. His first concern was to have a handsome signboard, with a proper inscription. He composed it in these words, ‘John Thompson, Hatter, makes and sells hats for ready money,’ with a figure of a hat subjoined; but he thought he would submit it to his friends for their amendments. The first he showed it to thought the word ‘Hatter’ tautologous, because followed by the words ‘makes hats,’ which show he was a hatter. It was struck out. The next observed that the word ‘makes’ might as well be omitted, because his customers would not care who made the hats. If good and to their mind, they would buy, by whomsoever made. He struck it out. A third said he thought the words ‘for ready money’ were useless, as it was not the custom of the place to sell on credit. Every one who purchased expected to pay. They were parted with, and the inscription now stood, ‘John Thompson sells hats.’ ‘Sells hats!’ says his next friend. Why nobody will expect you to give them away, what then is the use of that word? It was stricken out, and ‘hats’ followed it, the rather as there was one painted on the board. So the inscription was reduced ultimately to ‘John Thompson’ with the figure of a hat subjoined.”

It's funny because as I read some of the responses I had the very same thought. You'll never get a consensus on any topic or question because no matter what they are subjective. I've learned that using reviews on Amazon. There's such a wild variance in reviews of any product, you almost never find all 5 star or all 1 star. I've purchased things that got some horrible reviews and loved them. Our Espresso machine, a Krupps has worked flawlessly for years but there were many people that called it junk, hard to use, unreliable, so it all depends. I think I was interested in a general idea for the jacket. I knew that it was close enough to go either way. A lot of times people just want others to tell them it's ok. I think that's what I was hoping for but I want honesty too. I'll ask my wife and she'll tell me if I can get away w/it. I think the craziest part of all this jacket buying is I almost never wear any of them. I just wore my Aero HWM out for the weekend for the 1st time, I've had it for 18 months. It was not comfortable or warm, it looked really cool though. I appreciate any help and all responses to my posts. Most of the guys that respond have had lots of experience and know what jackets should look like. In the end it's up to the guy wearing it, but I'm thankful for this forum!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran