Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do's and Don'ts in Fashion

karlie

New in Town
texasgirl said:
C-dot said:
Let's get some more do's and don'ts happening! I grew up with a few:

Don't wear navy blue with black;
QUOTE]

I've done black with navy blue?

100_3118.jpg

Texasgirl, I'm with cici on this one! You look great!

I also do navy & black. Navy is my favourite colour, so I wear it a lot!

Christy

One of the Regulars
texasgirl said:
Thanks Cici! That's my I-Want-to-be-on-Mad-Men outfit ;)

I was going to say it reminded me of Mad Men! You look fabulous, I think the navy with black accents looks really nice! I really like the neckline on the dress.

*martini*time* said:
I DON'T WANT A MUFFIN TOP WHEN I PUT MY PANTS ON!

lol I agree! Sadly, the muffin top isn't the only thing wrong with low rise jeans. I'm sorry, but I really don't want my butt crack hanging out or my underwear showing. Why do people think that's acceptable? Low rise jeans are evil!

tempestbella42

One of the Regulars
Christy said:
lol The high heels and track pants made me laugh, I can just picture it!

this put a pic in my head from when we did a "corperate" training weekend when i was in the army....a woman turned up in (proper issue not fashion either!!) army combat trousers and WHITE stiletto heels for the training!!!.......:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:
wish id had a camera then!!

KateSpenser

New in Town
lol I agree! Sadly, the muffin top isn't the only thing wrong with low rise jeans. I'm sorry, but I really don't want my butt crack hanging out or my underwear showing. Why do people think that's acceptable? Low rise jeans are evil![/QUOTE]

For me, low rise jeans are a necessary evil. I have long legs and a short waist. So I feel like Steve erchel (sp) wearing anything higher. Maybe I just dreamed it up. My dad use to call me Twiggy when I was little.

As for no white shoes before labor, I was told the "restriction" lifted on Easter Sunday to wear white shoes at Easter Services.

But black stockings with white shoes is awful! And bottom cleavage is nasty.

Christy

One of the Regulars
I understand low rise jeans being a necessary evil. I also wear low rise jeans because I haven't been able to find high rise jeans that look nice on me. Luckily, I'm able to pull them up high enough so that I don't embarrass myself, but I hate constantly having to pull and tug at them.

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
I wish i could hitch up my low rise pants high enough so that i don't get a "wardrobe malunction" but i'm pretty tall (5'10") with a high waist so they are even lower on me. I was reminising with my sister and boyfriend the other day about how when i was in high school i wanted these pants that actually boasted a 1" zipper fly! What was i thinking!?!:eusa_doh:

I do have a pair of levi jeans that are higher in the back then in the front. I love them because they give the illusion of a low rise but i don't suffer any bum cleavage...but i have gained some weight (as we all do!) and they are a little snug, but it's okay, because today is the start of P90X!

vintage_jayhawk

One of the Regulars
*martini*time* said:
I wish i could hitch up my low rise pants high enough so that i don't get a "wardrobe malunction" but i'm pretty tall (5'10") with a high waist so they are even lower on me. I was reminising with my sister and boyfriend the other day about how when i was in high school i wanted these pants that actually boasted a 1" zipper fly! What was i thinking!?!:eusa_doh:

HA HA, I had forgotten my love of super low jeans in HS! I'm 5'11" so I can totally relate. That was, unfortunately, several years and SEVERAL pounds ago.

cecil

A-List Customer
KateSpenser said:
For me, low rise jeans are a necessary evil. I have long legs and a short waist. So I feel like Steve erchel (sp) wearing anything higher. Maybe I just dreamed it up. My dad use to call me Twiggy when I was little.

This is me! Have you tried Cheap Monday jeans? They sit sortof inbetween low-rise and high waisted. I've worn them for years. They don't look like '80s jeans but you don't constantly feel like you need to pull the things up. I love them!

zombi

A-List Customer
*martini*time* said:

I do have a pair of levi jeans that are higher in the back then in the front
I'm 5'10" too & I totally relate! I have some that are higher in the back than front as well, though mine are what is being called "mid rise" when it comes to jeans. Hits right under the belly button? In any case, I can't believe what cam be passed off as trousers/pants these days :eek: some of those shorts might as well not even exist!

Christy

One of the Regulars
I'm 5'8 and in high school I wanted to be in on the trend of low rise jeans, but when I went to get a pair I thought they were too small when they'd sit where they were supposed to because it felt like everything was hanging out. So I've always purchased the next size up and pull them up over my stomach and love handles so I don't get that muffin top effect. Even though they're still lower than sitting at my waist, they're just a little bit below my navel. My step sister always tells my mom I wear my pants too high, so that's a good thing! I'd still like to find better fitting jeans though.

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
I have been on a mission for some great fitting jeans and really, at this point, i'll pay any price! I found some great jeans at Macy's in New York, after WANDERING around the jean section on the ladies floor (i've just recently admitted, i'm NOT a junior anymore) i found some great jeans. They are by Kut. They are a mid rise with a roomy thigh and are about a 34-36" inseam. They are sized like dress sizes and are VERY comfy. They were about 79 dollars but well worth the dollars. I got 2 pairs! Check them out!

The hang tag on them says: "change your kut, change your world"

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Low-rise jeans don't bother me too much, but that could be because I'm short (5'3"). I have had the tugging problem, and the only jeans that alleviate it are Zumiez jeans. I adore them, they are the only kind I wear. :)

When I was in high school, it was all about the skinny jeans - the skinnier, the better. Unfortunately few people can carry them off without looking like a sausage press :rolleyes: Didn't seem to matter to my peers, though...

GlamourDoll

Familiar Face
C-dot said:
Low-rise jeans don't bother me too much, but that could be because I'm short (5'3"). I have had the tugging problem, and the only jeans that alleviate it are Zumiez jeans. I adore them, they are the only kind I wear. :)

When I was in high school, it was all about the skinny jeans - the skinnier, the better. Unfortunately few people can carry them off without looking like a sausage press :rolleyes: Didn't seem to matter to my peers, though...

Unfortunatly, I think the skinny jeans thing is still in style. Cause that is about the only thing I see girls and guys wearing here in Harrisburg, Pa aside from the gangster thugs that wear the baggy jeans that hang off their butts. I think it's disgusting, esp for a guy. Cause, Hello! I Dont Need To See Boy Package Everywhere I Look! nor do I need to see their underwear! LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran