Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dress code of "white and diamonds"???

Macheath

One of the Regulars
Feraud said:
Being the rebellious conformist is all the rage today. Chicks dig it too.

Hmm. If I could believe that every person wearing crocs is doing it to be ironic, it would be a measure of reassurance. Alas, the only reasonable conclusion I can come to when perforated plastic clogs become the norm is that the world has gone completely bonkers. Or blind.

Anyway, there's no reason that "rebellious conformist" should mean bland and unoriginal.

Be bland AND original: Wear a smock! (avedwards, there's an idea. How about a white smock?)

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Well I've solves it now, so I'm afraid I can't go for a smock.

I went to the local vintage clothing shop today and returned with a 1950s off-white/beige summer jacket. Unlined, with patch pockets and perfect fit. It should go well with my very light greyish beige trousers, white pocket square, white shirt and the tie I posted on the last page. If the bouncer/doorman says it's not white enough I can always take the jacket off so that I am in just my shirt.

Pictures will be up as soon as I manage to take some.

Feraud

Bartender
avedwards said:
Definitely not. He doesn't wear a suit with his hat.
Justin has absolutely done so! That doesn't make it bad. :)

Macheath said:
Alas, the only reasonable conclusion I can come to when perforated plastic clogs become the norm is that the world has gone completely bonkers. Or blind.
I am sure parents said the same thing about their children's fashion trends like those nutty Oxford Bags and stunningly outlandish shoe styles from back in the day. ;) There really is nothing new under the sun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot