Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

East TN 7 1/8 Allesandria

barrowjh

One Too Many
I periodically visit local antique shops, and one local shop has a BEAUTIFUL Borsalino Allesandria (thin-ribbon, OR/Strat clone) in size 7 1/8 in the very light tan or silverbelly color, brim width only 2 3/8, which is a bit narrow for this hat style. It likely dates from the 1940's, as it has the wide brown sweatband (still supple), wind trolley, smooth creamy silk liner (no plastic tip). Absolutely great condition, no stains or insect nibbles visible, in a Knox box (box is also in OK condition, still has the 'hat form' in it). Price is only $45 and I would have bought it myself, but I already have one just about like it (one shade darker) with a 2 3/4 brim plus about 4 more OR/Strat clones (and one strat) so I do not need it. I don't particularly want to get into buying for resale either. This shop is:

Music Row Antiques & Collectibles, Inc.
2816 East Lamar Alexander Parkway
Maryville, TN 37804
(865) 984-9599
owner - Anita Wilson
On 321 driving East towards Townsend, it is 2 miles past Blount Memorial Hospital on the right side of the highway.

Someone may want to take a chance on this and buy it unseen via phone or if you are local you might drive over and check it out. I saw it there before Christmas, and presumed it would sell during the gift season, but it did not - hard to believe, because it is really a nice hat. This is a FYI, I have NO financial interest in this situation. Just hate to see a really fine hat, sitting there gathering dust in an antique store, unloved . . .

barrowjh

One Too Many
bump

I stopped by there this afternoon; hat is still there. This is a Really Nice condition Borsalino - I am surprised that it survived the weekend (or maybe I am the only 7 1/8 in all of East Tennessee!).

barrowjh

One Too Many
Sold

I went by this morning and gave the lady a used shipping carton (one of Art's, he uses really strong cartons) to ship it in. She said someone bought it over the phone last night. I hope to see pics of it here on FL soon! Whomever bought it should be well pleased, it was in excellent condition.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
I actually called them one day, and was considering purchasing it once I dug up the extra money for it. Oh well... Congrats, and be sure to post pics!

flute

buler

I'll Lock Up
It here.....

Well, I received the hat. Unfortunately there is a cut in the felt of the crown. I'm offering it up in the classifieds for what I have in it in lieu of sending it back. See classifieds ad for full story.

barrowjh, I can see how the cut could have easily been missed, so I have no hard feelings.

B

bors_1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda