Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman Roadstar .

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My Roadstar is a size 42

I'm 1,80m 79kg

View attachment 518422

@Marc mndt, can I ask what size chest do you have?

I've gained about 8-10kg in the gym and had to sell my old Roadstar which was a size 40.

That was boarderline too snug on me at 73 to 75 ish kg and a 41 inch chest. I couldn't wear anything under it but a T-shirt.

I'm now about 83kg with a 43 inch chest. Rob at Eastman is recommending a 44 or possibly a 46!

Do you layer under your size 42 or just always wear a T-shirt?

I'm looking or something a little more flexible that I can wear a hoodie under if I need.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
43". 80kg.
I can wear it over a thin merino wool sweater but that's about it.
I'm looking or something a little more flexible that I can wear a hoodie under if I need.
The 42 won't accommodate a hoodie. I can't tell for sure though because I don't own any hoodies lol. For that you'd probably need the size 44.

There's a 42 lised in the VLJ classifieds, you might want to check it out. Great price.

IMG_6942.jpeg

mumpy

A-List Customer

I've gained about 8-10kg in the gym and had to sell my old Roadstar which was a size 40.

That was boarderline too snug on me at 73 to 75 ish kg and a 41 inch chest. I couldn't wear anything under it but a T-shirt.

I'm now about 83kg with a 43 inch chest. Rob at Eastman is recommending a 44 or possibly a 46!

I have the same jacket in size 40 (40 inch chest) and I can only layer with very thin sweater and even then it feels a bit like a sausage fit unless I keep the jacket unzipped (although the problem seems to be the way it tapers, the chest is probably still fine). I think you will need at least a 44 for heavier layering.

ProteinNerd

@Marc mndt thanks for the info and the heads up on the one on the VLJ forum, it’s a great price but I’m definitely after one in Walnut and I’m thinking the 44 might be a better bet for me now. I’ve got an ELMC Windward in Black and that scratches my itch for a black cross zip jacket

@mumpy I was in the same boat. Had a size 40 with a 41 inch chest that I ended up selling through here a few months ago. It was ok through the waist but just to tight through the chest and shoulders for me. It was a hard decision but I just never wore it.

Interestingly ELMC are out of Walnut leather atm. They are expecting more in April so I have a little time to think about it.

mumpy

A-List Customer
I hope you find a good deal on it @ProteinNerd. I don't have to tell you this, you already had the jacket but the ELMC Roadstar is one of my favourite jackets for sure. Very comfortable, great fit, amazing leather etc.

ProteinNerd

I hope you find a good deal on it @ProteinNerd. I don't have to tell you this, you already had the jacket but the ELMC Roadstar is one of my favourite jackets for sure. Very comfortable, great fit, amazing leather etc.
Thanks @mumpy but I expect I’ll have to go brand new unfortunately.

These things are just too rare in the aftermarket to allow the option of the size and colour I’m after.

I guess the same situation that makes me need to buy a bigger size in this is also making me sell a few other jackets so I can put those funds towards the new one. I’ll probably put my size 42 ELMC J-100 and Flat Head cafe racer up for sale.

mumpy

A-List Customer
Thanks @mumpy but I expect I’ll have to go brand new unfortunately.

These things are just too rare in the aftermarket to allow the option of the size and colour I’m after.

I guess the same situation that makes me need to buy a bigger size in this is also making me sell a few other jackets so I can put those funds towards the new one. I’ll probably put my size 42 ELMC J-100 and Flat Head cafe racer up for sale.
I hear you, I actually had to buy the jacket new myself! It was out of stock on the website on my size but they did an amazing job and sourced the leather and made it within a few weeks. Great customer service too!

ProteinNerd

I hear you, I actually had to buy the jacket new myself! It was out of stock on the website on my size but they did an amazing job and sourced the leather and made it within a few weeks. Great customer service too!
They must run with very low inventory (or selling a lot of jackets?). They were out of the black when I ordered a Windward about 12 months ago, it was about a 6 week turnaround. Likewise they are out of the Walnut currently, it won’t be back in till early - mid April before they can start making one for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy