Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Aero arrived

Working_Man

New in Town
Well, the Aero I bought off ebay arrived today and it's nice, real nice, looks like new and the sleeves are the perfect lenght, however it is a bit larger in the belly section than I need, now I gotta decide to try and have it altered or put it back on ebay. I really like this jacket and am wondering if Areo will alter a jacket I bought used off ebay, I don't know if I would trust anyone else to alter it or if it's possible to get it right. here are a few photos:
aero-1.jpg

2004_0101magrack0025.jpg

2004_0101magrack0015.jpg

2004_0101magrack0016.jpg

aero.jpg

Working Man

James Miller

One of the Regulars
Sharp Aero!

That's a great looking jacket. I don't know how much it set you back but it looks nice. I dont think you went wrong.

Feraud

Bartender
It is a beautiful jacket. I see you point about the body section but do not think it looks bad at all. The sleeves are perfect.
Wear it a while and see if you feel any differently about getting it altered.

James Miller

One of the Regulars
Aero

I think the last gentelman has apoint does not look like a bad fit. I't has a flair in the waist area but looks good, well think of it this way after a good meal it won't be tight.

WM
I think that it looks good! Did it turn out to be buffalo??
If the waist ends up bothering you so much..contact amanda@aeroleatherclothing.com ....and send pic. If you send it to Aero for alteration...have Amanda send it back as "repaired" so no duty will be charged.
Have you noticed the costs of theses jackets from Aero...especially considering the recent exchange rate?? That might help in deciding whether to keep it or not....

It really does look good on you.
HD

Working_Man

New in Town
Thanks for the good words everybody, I got it for $314.99, I'm still not sure what model or hide it is but I think bufffalo. I would like to get it to fit better if possible

Working Man

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't think that the waist detracts from the great look of the jacket at all, but such things look different when it's your own garment. To me, it looks mighty cool just as it is.

Edward

Bartender
Excellent price..... I don't know what model it is either, but from what I've seen of Aero, the typical price new for pretty much all their civilian models is about USD800 and upwards..... Score!

I wouldn't have it altered, myself - I think it looks right. I think that style of jacket has a slight boxiness to it so the waist will be a touch wide, and the flare out looks like it's caused by the side adjusters pulling the waist in.... I'm no expert, but it looks "right" to me. I wouldn't change a thing.

Oh.... just thought.... by any chance are you more used to modern bike leathers and/or A2s? Those tend to be snugger round the waist (obviously so in the case of the A2 with its knit waistband!), so that might make this feel wide? I've not owned one of these myself, but I did have a modern leather some years ago with a similar (though as modern, baggier) outline which i found unusual at first rounf the waist, having been so used to Brando MC styles previously.

Havana

One of the Regulars
Fantastic jacket! Love the color. Congratulatoins on a great find and a great bargain. I've owned two Aeros and both listed the leather type on the tag. I guess there's nothing there or you would have surely seen it.

Interbak

One of the Regulars
Great jacket,

Looks like a "half-belt" model with the breast pocket deleted.
How tight have you got the side belts pulled? You can tighten the mid section with the belts, and then try to work the leather on the sides into a pleat. It will lay better as it breaks in and loosens up (this may take a while depending on the leather). If you drive in this jacket with it zipped up you'll appreciate the extra room in the waste, especially with the heavy hide.

Enjoy, Brian

tonypaj

Practically Family
The jacket is great, I like it a lot. But I do agree with you, it could be a tad smaller on the waist, especially if you intend to wear it with jeans. What would it be like with a bit higher rise pants with pleats?

Anyway, a nice jacket, good price, and Aeros last forever...

tonypaj

Working_Man

New in Town
Thanks again for all the good words, I am used to a more form fitted style of jacket and this one seems too loose to me, both of the adjustment buckles are fully tightened and it's still way too roomy around my stomach. I think I will try and find a place I trust around here and have it altered to fit a little snugger. I would like to talk to the person and show them how and where I would like it to fit.
Thanks again
Working Man

May I suggest contacting Amanda...or Will at Aero before attempting to alter jacket locally? At least to see if this problem is easily fixable without causing other problems with the pattern. Their expert opinions could be invaluable for you or a nearby tailor.
HD

Lancaster

Familiar Face
Looks like a "Californian" in russet buffalo. They customized it a bit by eliminating the cuff straps it normally comes with, and adding an inside "gun" pocket. The chest looks a tad large (especially from the back) but not something I would part with. Aero no longer offers that lining. You got a GREAT deal!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot