• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

ebay.co.uk vintage pages gone awry ?

Discussion in 'Vintage Finds and Deals' started by herringbonekid, May 1, 2012.

1. anyone else found that their ebay.co.uk 1930, 1940s sections / bookmarks have disappeared ?

this happened about 3 years ago and it was a real pain.
  2. Nick D

Nick D Call Me a Cab

The decade filters are still there, but there's hardly anything in them, most things are unspecified. It looks like they've re-formatted the subcategories. Possibly not as bad as the last time but it may take a week or so for the dust to settle.
  3. Nick D

Nick D Call Me a Cab

Just noticed how they've split out some of the categories. Ugh.
  4. my bookmarked 40s page bring up a load of random 'vintage' stuff (70s, 80s etc) ... from the U.S. and Canada !

my 30s bookmark is a bit more surprising; sometimes you get the same as the 40s page, sometimes nothing !
  5. Seems they also restructured ebay.de. Bookmarks yield no results at all.
  6. basically it's a complete mess. i'm hoping someone (on work experience maybe ?) is just fiddling about with the categories and it will be restored in a day or two. :(
  7. bunnyb.gal

bunnyb.gal Practically Family

Same here - tried advanced search to filter out the -'80's-inspired-style-Mad Men-rockerbilly (sic) blah blah to no avail. If this is how it's going to stay, there's no point going on Ebay anymore for vintage.
  8. i think it's almost working again.

if you go to vintage clothing and acessories > men's vintage clothing the decades have reappeared down the left.
    hopefully just a case of creating new bookmarks from those.
  9. Flat Foot Floey

Flat Foot Floey My Mail is Forwarded Here

Maybe there is a chance... If the others are lost without their bookmarks we could grab some bargains. Taking advantage of their confusion.^^
  10. Raid !!!
  11. Qirrel

Qirrel Practically Family

Sigh. Every time this happens I imagine that this is a result of ebay programmers feigning progress by spending their whole budget destroying and then repairing their own system.
  12. I think the US-site has undergone some changes as well. The search results now seem to display larger images - if the images show up at all: most search results only show a link tagged 'item image' or a placeholder icon. :mad:
  13. bunnyb.gal

bunnyb.gal Practically Family

Women and children first, boys...;)
  14. Rick Blaine

Rick Blaine My Mail is Forwarded Here

Stupidest idea since "New Coke"!

Quite right!

Other than "vintage" all hats have been consolidated.

There is no *&%$ way in this world or the next I am slogging thru' over A QUARTER MILLION HATS to find what I desire.

This is gonna make breaking the ePay habit easy.

Watta buncha idiots!
  15. Edward

Edward Bartender

eBay Timeline???
  16. ebay uk seems ok again.

my re-done bookmarked newly listed 40s and 30s pages have a shorter address than before so must have been a re-jig.
  17. The US site is back to normal but on the German site one of my bookmarks returns zero hits. Seems they have kicked out a whole category.