Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
It's possible. I can't wait to see what it is when it arrives. I am with you though on a western type hat. 3 inch brim was in the ad, so we shall see.

If I do keep it, and change the band, I may do the sweat too, as I like the darker ones, unless there is a way to dye the current one darker. That's just me though!

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Haven't bought a hat in ages, but was intrigued by this auction. Frank Miller really was a trick shooter for the Buffalo Bill Wild West Show, and really did live in Ft. Collins. Buffalo Bill really spent time there as well. So perhaps: Interesting Old Cowboy Hat

$(KGrHqJHJDYFC0sF1dRzBQv2nfhkZQ~~60_3.JPG

I just received this hat. I researched it a bit before it arrived and, based on photos of Miller and Buffalo Bill, and the provenance, figured it was probably NOT BB's hat, but probably WAS Frank Miller's. Miller creased his hat in a similar way, and there was no need for anyone to lie about the provenance chain in the particular manner they did (I was able to find all names involved, and locations, and it all made sense). What didn't make sense was that Buffalo Bill, for the most part, wore a hat with a curled brim (I forget the tech name for that). Well, the hat arrived, and the edge of the brim was a touch jagged - that curled edge had been cut off long ago. So who knows?

In any case, it's a very high-quality felt, and it fits me perfectly (7 1/4)! The Lee sweatband is ancient and fragile, so I'm very hesitant to lift and look behind it, but the hat itself is in great condition - even the stitched-together crown crease is sort of cool. If anyone else has any urge to look up the names involved, and can find additional info, I'm always appreciative.

I STILL have not figured out how to upload photos from my hard-drive :( I could do it with no problem on the old forum.

barrowjh

One Too Many
Tech name for an up-brim western - it it went all around the hat (typical) - it was a full kettle-curl brim. Check with Mike Moore, he sports full kettle curl brims often (Major Moore). Photos - helps if you go via photobucket or one of the similar sites. These sites will automatically offer an 'IMG' version of your pic when you hover the mouse over it, and those links post nicely into our diaglogue here.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Tech name for an up-brim western - it it went all around the hat (typical) - it was a full kettle-curl brim. Check with Mike Moore, he sports full kettle curl brims often (Major Moore). Photos - helps if you go via photobucket or one of the similar sites. These sites will automatically offer an 'IMG' version of your pic when you hover the mouse over it, and those links post nicely into our diaglogue here.

Thanks, I've owned a few of them, but my memory is failing me.

...as is my eye-site - I had to photograph the label so that I could 'see' the detail: Lee Supreme Quality XXXXX (and has a couple of neat little beavers)

Yeah, I know how to get photos from a server to this site - just not straight from my computer as I can do elsewhere. I'll create a 'hat area' on my website and get them up there when the other four arrive.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, I know how to get photos from a server to this site - just not straight from my computer as I can do elsewhere. I'll create a 'hat area' on my website and get them up there when the other four arrive.

I use Dropbox for photo's
Dropbox
Dropbox creates a folder on your computer that sync's to the cloud. You can get a url for and image in that folder by right clicking on the image and copying it to the clipboard. Then you just paste it in the Image Dialog box here using the forum software. Or you can even do it with your smartphone. Though right now with their app you need to change the www. in the clipboard url to dl .
Nik use's dropbox as well it is a great option instead of photobucket more storage and easy to manage.

TomS

One Too Many
Hi Folks:
Very excited about this one: Ebay Item# 181042766604. I've been looking for one for a while, but HARD to find in a large size. Hope it meets expectations!
Best,
Tom

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
I use Dropbox for photo's
Dropbox
Dropbox creates a folder on your computer that sync's to the cloud. You can get a url for and image in that folder by right clicking on the image and copying it to the clipboard. Then you just paste it in the Image Dialog box here using the forum software. Or you can even do it with your smartphone. Though right now with their app you need to change the www. in the clipboard url to dl .
Nik use's dropbox as well it is a great option instead of photobucket more storage and easy to manage.

Thanks - finally got it to work. For a former programmer, I'm sure horrible with this sort of thing.

Last edited:

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Thanks guys. It appears Dropbox has 'dropped' my images. I'll get these up on my website - I have been planning to create a hat website for a long time and it looks like that time is now.

Time

New in Town
Greetings loungers!

I've had my eye on this forum for a while, but didn't decide to register till two days ago when I made a purchase on eBay. I wanted to ask you guys, since you all know a lot more about hats than me, about this purchase I made on eBay. I mean, did I overpay for the hat? Does anyone know a bit more about the hat?

I just decided to buy it because I liked it and have heard the name Barbisio before. Anyway, here it is, I paid £24 ($39) for it:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Barb...6sbwt5xQ4/LQZXc5W9hpyb8=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Well there are no pics of the liner but if it is fur felt you got a steal. Looks like a fantastic hat and the color is pretty cool.
Greetings loungers!

I've had my eye on this forum for a while, but didn't decide to register till two days ago when I made a purchase on eBay. I wanted to ask you guys, since you all know a lot more about hats than me, about this purchase I made on eBay. I mean, did I overpay for the hat? Does anyone know a bit more about the hat?

I just decided to buy it because I liked it and have heard the name Barbisio before. Anyway, here it is, I paid £24 ($39) for it:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Barb...6sbwt5xQ4/LQZXc5W9hpyb8=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Time

New in Town
Well there are no pics of the liner but if it is fur felt you got a steal. Looks like a fantastic hat and the color is pretty cool.

Good to hear! The listing does say that it is fur felt, but I will have to wait till I receive it.
Time, Barbisio made great hats. This a rollable. Is the liner stitched or glued?

Scott, Fantastic old Lee Western!
Hmm, the pictures don't really show the liner. I shall have to wait till I receive it then. Thanks for the information though.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Time, that is one cool hat at a great price. You'll have fun shaping it to your desired style. The grosgrain sweatbands in those rollables can be quite comfortable, too. Nice score, and welcome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace