Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Just a little cool early this morning when I took the dog out for a walk...Thought I'd put on my City Sport...really nice Strat btw LMH...Dang it! I posted this in the wrong thread! I meant to post it in "What Hat Are You Wearing Today". My apologies guys...

citysportbcropped.jpg

I think it is fine your post is here, dang nice looking photo of you and your cap!

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
LoveMyHats2 - better pictures would be great - but from what I can see it looks great :)

TJones - nice cap - more volume than the Citysport my local retailer stocks.

Rick Blaine

15x Bradford Ltd.

Bradford Ltd.

Soft Dress felt w/ sewn liner, unworn & fresh as a daisy. :thumb: I know nothing of the company. Anyone? Not a Byer-Rolnick, maybe made after Resistol got the name ?
Lovely soft dress weight felt. Comparable to any RD Stetson OR I have. Little seems certain about the manufacturer, tho'.

ManofKent

Soft Dress felt w/ sewn liner, unworn & fresh as a daisy. :thumb: I know nothing of the company. Anyone? Not a Byer-Rolnick, maybe made after Resistol got the name ?
Lovely soft dress weight felt. Comparable to any RD Stetson OR I have. Little seems certain about the manufacturer, tho'.
No idea about the company, but looks a great find.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Dan'l, that Strat looks a tad loose on you, like maybe it would fit ME perfectly! Just kidding, of course, it looks super on you.

Great score on the Bradford, Rick! $20!?! What a steal! Hopefully you can coax that mark off with ease. That hat looks mint.

ManofKent

One of three ebay finds I collected from the Post Office this morning:

Lincoln Bennett 'Avalon' in Bark UK 7 1/2

I'm guessing late 50's to mid-60's

Lightweight, unlined fur-felt - stingy brim. Appears to be unworn, or barely worn. Apart from a little dust it's immaculate, with the white printed label detailing the name and colour completely unmarked or discoloured.

I'm trying do decide whether to keep the braid, or carefully cut the stitches and put a ribbon on. It seems a shame to change a near mint vintage hat, but I'd wear it more with a ribbon...

-30-

A-List Customer
Greetings Ande1964!

The following was posted my me 12-30-2012, 01:38 AM:

"I bought a vintage hat at The St Lawrence Antique Market a number of months ago. It was made by a company called

Manleigh Custom Hatters, 352 College Street and is a dark blue fedora. What else do I know of this hat? Well, during 1950,

Might's Toronto City Directory shows that the company was at 295 College Street and owned by a Mr Phillip Bloom - (the hatter)

So, was this hat made during the late 1940's (then having moved to 352 College) or was the reverse true; don't yet know.

But what I do know is that the man who's hat this was, took particular thought of what he was wearing. - "Beaver Quality"

on the sweat, grosgrain edge binding c/w matching 1 1/8 band & bow, and although used and lightly so, was of a very fine

spec. The "only fly in the ointment" is a very light smudge on the right hand side under brim from where his right ear some-

time touched. It didn't appEAR to bother him, and it doesn't bother me, for now I know just a little bit more as to what the

previous owner was like. It is called Provenience and it shows a snippet as to who he was and, who we are/were."

Hopes this helps you as to it's maker.

Regards,
-30-

g.durand

One Too Many
Anj--That looks to be a rare find given -30-'s comments. I had that one flagged but the night before I was the high bidder on this jewel, so congrats.

Adam Executive. It looks to be in very good condition.
KGrHqFlcFGZDy9EDtBRtVYbk60_57_zps1276f5b9.jpg

KGrHqRqgFGekSJ-HnBRtVhsQ60_57_zpsba0505cf.jpg

T2eC16JyUE9s6NEGDBRtVSigyg60_57_zps225ad967.jpg

KGrHqVrkFGVjs5EyBRtVoSbg60_57_zpsb3814a6c.jpg

T2eC16JEE9s2ufWGSBRtVWWNg60_57_zps0004e9fd.jpg

ManofKent

Stetson Swift (I think) Made in England under license. From the seller's description I was fearing the condition wouldn't be great, but the sweat is perfect, the liner good, and the exterior is just grubby/dusty:

More photos in the Steson Liner thread.

g.durand

One Too Many
MofK--nice hat, and it looks to be in very good condition, as you say. The styling is very similar to a Christy's unlined, open crown felt hat I bought from a specialty shop in San Francisco almost thirty years ago. I still have the hat, no longer wear it, but my wife wears it from time to time as a foul weather hat. Due to her wearing it in the rain so much, the sweatband has shrunk so that the hat now fits her but not me.

I'm looking forward to receiving the Adam. The seller says he will ship tomorrow, and since he is in San Diego I may have it by Wednesday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner