Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

Bigger Don

Practically Family
Just saw this on ebay. ..description says Fur Felt...picture says Pure Wool...
upload_2016-12-17_12-47-44.png

upload_2016-12-17_12-46-57.png

ryan_289

Familiar Face
Just too stupid to know what "fur felt" means. As far as they know, it's 100% wool that felt like dog fur.

When you list, many times the details in the drop down menu for things like era, materials, etc. are already filled out, based on the title you provide and the category you choose. That, and if you're copying a previous listing, you run the risk of this type of mistake. In this case, I doubt the seller is trying to put one over. They're QA/QC needs some work, is all.

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
yeah ... thats Tim

you will get to know his deal when you are around here long enough

I've only purchased one hat from him -- offered him 70 bucks on a 180.00 BIN and he accepted! It was for my gray Stetson pork pie beater. I was shocked because even when he has a "sale" his hats are extremely pricey. He must not have had an attachment to my pork pie.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I've only purchased one hat from him -- offered him 70 bucks on a 180.00 BIN and he accepted! It was for my gray Stetson pork pie beater. I was shocked because even when he has a "sale" his hats are extremely pricey. He must not have had an attachment to my pork pie.

He does that quite a bit
Tim is a good guy.... just doesn't have the best hat education
... or at the very least has a bit of a twisted perception of what is extremely rare or in demand... things he deems extremely valuable are at times puzzling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJH

I'll Lock Up
When you list, many times the details in the drop down menu for things like era, materials, etc. are already filled out, based on the title you provide and the category you choose. That, and if you're copying a previous listing, you run the risk of this type of mistake. In this case, I doubt the seller is trying to put one over. They're QA/QC needs some work, is all.

For me the best listings are the ones where the seller makes mistakes.

Incorrect descriptions and titles are the best way of finding a good deal with little competition.

Cheers!
David

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran