Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eBay's Most Paranoid Vendor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Guess I'm stuck

I guess I am stuck with ebay. I seem to have a bias for older hats. All the new ones I've seen in person so far are disappointing. Well, except for those I saw at Optimo. GAWD those were gorgeous.

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer
Nik Taylor said:
The relationship is contractual in nature and is governed by eBay's rules and regulations including the Buyer Protection Program. The relationship ends once all terms have been satisfied. However, if there is a problem the following may be triggered:
eBay Buyer Protection

eBay hosts the dispute resolution process when buyers claim to a seller that their item was not received or the item they received is different from what was described in the listing.

Yeah, that keeps coming up but is not at all applicable in this case. The product was shipped, received and was what the seller described in the listing. A Scala marked XL.

So far, this thread has served to provide the seller with evidence that he/she did indeed ship the product that was described in the listing and the buyer received it.

There is also evidence that the buyer was happy with the hat other than the fact that it does not fit, a situation the buyer does not believe was the seller's fault.

If I was the seller I'd be printing this thread on a regular basis.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
BanjoMerlin said:
Yeah, that keeps coming up but is not at all applicable in this case. The product was shipped, received and was what the seller described in the listing. A Scala marked XL.

So far, this thread has served to provide the seller with evidence that he/she did indeed ship the product that was described in the listing and the buyer received it.

There is also evidence that the buyer was happy with the hat other than the fact that it does not fit, a situation the buyer does not believe was the seller's fault.

If I was the seller I'd be printing this thread on a regular basis.

Despite all youve pointed out, it remains that a seller who has sold something that a buyer has a legitimate gripe about should do what good sellers/vendors/merchants do: accept the item back and provide either an exchange or a refund, ebay policies be d***ed. I wouldnt do business with any seller that does otherwise, and would strongly discouarge others, as well. Legal and moral do not always go hand in hand.

scottyrocks said:
Despite all youve pointed out, it remains that a seller who has sold something that a buyer has a legitimate gripe about should do what good sellers/vendors/merchants do: accept the item back and provide either an exchange or a refund, ebay policies be d***ed. I wouldnt do business with any seller that does otherwise, and would strongly discouarge others, as well. Legal and moral do not always go hand in hand.

That is the case on so many levels and instances. :D

cmalbrecht

Familiar Face
I can't comment on Ebay or vendors' policies, but I can sure comment on this discouraging idea of building hats in three, sometimes four sizes, S,M,L,XL. Until we get more advanced in genetics, people's heads just don't conform to four sizes. In the good old days hats not only came in measuarable sizes, but long oval, round, etc. I realize that over the years the demand for hats has diminished, and for economic reasons,many hat makers have gone to this practice, but I don't have to like it. I've never yet tried on a hat from that catagory that fit or felt right.
I've always been leery about buying clothing through the mail. Been burned too many times by items that don't fit properly or don't look the way they did in the catalog or on the Internet.
I have bought hats on the Internet, but only from what I believe are reliable companies, i.e. Panama Bob, Delmonico's, and yes, from Garrett. I took a chance and he didn't let me down. :eusa_clap

Nik Taylor

One of the Regulars
BanjoMerlin said:

MisterGrey said:
So I mentioned in another thread how I bought a Scala fedora that turned out to be too small for me-- it says XL but measures as a large (about 7 1/4, maybe a hair bigger).

eBay Buyer Protection

eBay hosts the dispute resolution process when buyers claim to a seller ... the item they received is different from what was described in the listing.

It measures as a large (approx 71/4 not 71/2) no matter how you slice it the hat not an an extra large.

It is of no consequence how "fault" is ascribed. The product by all appearances is not as described by the seller. Unless there is language to the contrary the buyer has a valid reason to return the item and trigger the eBay Buyer Protection provision should the seller reneg on his part of the agreement. Whether by trick or mistake the buyer was mislead. He paid for a hat believing it was a size "XL" Scala and received a hat that appears to be a "L".

These simply are the facts it does not matter if the seller uses CAPS to communicate, ultraviolet rays to observe sweat stains or can tell how many angels dance on the head of a pin.

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer
Nik Taylor said:
The product by all appearances is not as described by the seller. Unless there is language to the contrary the buyer has a valid reason to return the item and trigger the eBay Buyer Protection provision should the seller reneg on his part of the agreement. Whether by trick or mistake the buyer was mislead. He paid for a hat believing it was a size "XL" Scala and received a hat that appears to be a "L".

The seller described a hat as size XL and shipped a hat marked XL. Since the seller was not the one who attached that size tag it was not the seller's mistake. The seller accepted the hat back and refunded the money.

The seller in this case has done nothing wrong but has had his/her reputation totally trashed on this forum.

BTW, note to MisterGrey: In case you didn't pick up on a few of the posts in this thread, please don't buy another Scala hat. They are not what you want.

BanjoMerlin said:
The seller described a hat as size XL and shipped a hat marked XL. Since the seller was not the one who attached that size tag it was not the seller's mistake. The seller accepted the hat back and refunded the money.

The seller in this case has done nothing wrong but has had his/her reputation totally trashed on this forum.

BTW, note to MisterGrey: In case you didn't pick up on a few of the posts in this thread, please don't buy another Scala hat. They are not what you want.

What reputation? I still don't even know who this dope is. [huh]

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Good news

Glad it got resolved successfully...

Now isn't it time to lock this thread since we still have bickering back and forth for no reason?

Nik Taylor

One of the Regulars
BanjoMerlin said:

I never said the seller did anything "wrong". His merchandise was not fit for the intended use. Therefore, the buyer was due a refund.

That is exactly what occurred....:eusa_doh:

Now the seller may have remedies against the supplier of the hat......but do you want to go there?:eek:

MisterGrey

Practically Family
BanjoMerlin said:

Nothing wrong? You mean other than respond to a "I need to return this item, it doesn't fit" with paranoid, aggressive ramblings, accusations, and innuendo? You really don't see anything wrong with that?

I agree, it's time for this thread to come to an end. I've learned not to buy Scalas and to be more discriminating in my purchases. I've also learned, inadvertently, that my Bailey 7 1/2 is apparently larger than other 7 1/2s, as my mother used her tailor tape to measure my head and she says that according to sizing charts it should be a 7 5/8.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
jamespowers said:
What reputation? I still don't even know who this dope is. [huh]
It has been mentioned in this thread that the OP has posted a link to the eBay auction in another thread, so it's easy to identify the seller. BTW, do you actually read the threads before you post ? I've always wondered........:rolleyes: ;)

FURFELTMAN

Vendor
THIS SELLER LOVES HELPING !

HELLO EVERYONE .
JUST WANTED TO INVITE EVERYONE WHO HAS READ THIS TO CHECK OUT THE FUR FELT HATS FROM THIS STORY / THREAD , ON EBAY .
AND I WISH I COULD REPLY TO THE BUYERS COMMENTS , BUT I HAVE TO GIVE PRIVACY RIGHTS TO ALL MY CUSTOMERS WHICH OF COURSE IS THE RIGHT WAY TO DO BUSINESS ,SO I WONT BE ABLE TO SAY MUCH MORE .
BUT I CAN SAY THIS , BRING YOUR BEST OFFERS , AND YOUR SMILING FACES TO EBAY FOR FUR FELT HATS , I PROMISE NO ONE WILL BE LET DOWN , AND THE SIZING IS CORRECT , I MEASURE THE HATS MYSELF . AND I DID ALSO MEASURE THE RETURN , I WISH I COULD TELL YOU THE MEASUREMENT ( PRIVACY RIGHTS FOR BUYER ) BUT I CAN TELL EVERYONE THIS MUCH . MY MEASUREMENTS ARE CORRECT . THAT MEANS THE HATS ARE SIZING CORRECTLY . AND I PROMISE REALLY GREAT SERVICE .
THIS WAS A VERY ODD SITUATION WHICH ONCE AGAIN I CANT TELL YOU WHAT HAPPEND DUE TO PRIVACY RIGHTS . BUT I CAN SAY THIS MUCH . THE BUYER WAS VERY GOOD IN INCLUDING MY TRUTHFUL RESPONSES , AND YES I AM A TINY BIT PARANIOD OF GETTING RIPPED OFF , BUT I AM NOT IN ANY WAY MEAN , AND I AM VERY VERY GOOD TO MY CUSTOMERS . I ALSO HAVE IMPROVED MY FEEDBACK , WHICH IS THAT I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO LOW DETAILED SELLER RATINGS OR BAD FEEDBACK FOR 3 MONTHS NOW . THATS PERFECT SCORE FOR 3 MONTHS STRAIGHT .
AND THAT IS VERY MUCH THANKS TO THE CUSTOMERS HERE AT THE FEDORA LOUNGE AS WELL , MANY OF YOU BUY FROM MY STORE AND ARE VERY HELPFUL . AND ALL THE FORUM NOTES I READ ALSO HELP ME KNOW HOW TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE IS HAPPY . SO ONCE AGAIN I WOULD LIKE EVERYONE TO KNOW I DO MY BEST , IDO ALSO GET PEOPLE WHO DONT LIKE ME TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS , WHICH I ONLY DO BECAUSE ITS EASIER FOR ME TO TYPE THAT WAY . I HAVE ONLY BEEN TYPING FOR A COUPLE YEARS NOW . AND THAT SHIFT BUTTON FOR EVERY CAPITAL IS JUST HARD TO DO . I DO NOT IN ANY WAY MEAN TO SEEM LIKE IM LOUD BY TYPING IN CAPS .
WELL I WISH I COULD SAY MORE TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT THEY CAN BE VERY CONFIDENT SHOPPING AT MY STORE . SO THE BEST WAY I CAN DO THAT IS OFFER THE READERS BEST OFFERS ON FUR FELTS AT 1/2 PRICE , THAT MEANS USE BEST OFFER ON EBAY TO GET A REALLY LOW PRICE TODAY . AND ITS PRETTY EASY TO FIND THE DEALS , JUST SEARCH FOR NEW FUR FELT FEDORA HAT ( SCALA ) ( STACY ADAMS ) BRANDS ARE MY MOST POPULAR , AND I PROMISE YOU WILL LOVE THE SERVICE .
THANKS EVERYONE .
AND YES I KNOW SOME PEOPLE HAVE QUESTIONS , BUT I JUST CANT BREAK PRIVACY RIGHTS . SO I CANT SAY MORE . BUT AS I HAVE READ IT SEEMS LIKE THE FORUM IS VERY SMART AND EVERYONE HAS GREAT POINTS . SO I THINK THAT EVERYONE IS FAIR WITH THIER ASSUMPTIONS IN THIS STORY . JUST ADD 1 THOUGHT TO THAT , I REALLY DO LOVE HELPING PEOPLE FIND THE PERFECT HAT !
SO PLEASE ENJOY MY STORE . IT IS REALLY A VERY GOOD PLACE TO SHOP . :eusa_clap

Tomasso said:
It has been mentioned in this thread that the OP has posted a link to the eBay auction in another thread, so it's easy to identify the seller. BTW, do you actually read the threads before you post ? I've always wondered........:rolleyes: ;)

I have and I haven't looked at the other thread. So I still don't know who this dope seller was nor do I care now that it is resolved. This thread is all I care about since this is where the complaint is not over there. :rolleyes: :kick:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany