Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Been looking forward to posting on this thread for quite a while, well today's the day :D

Iron Heart/Viberg Engineer Boots

Sensational Nick. I had a. Look at Viberg site yesterday and couldn't see engineer boots on there, just the harness boots. Yours look great mate...

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I've got a rookie question regarding heel type. I've read about the woodsman heel? I'm looking at Wesco boss boots, and just working out heel/ sole configurations, thanks for any help. I'm also curious about the heel pinch I see people talking about. Can you get that done pre delivery? I'm in Oz, and won't be keen to send boots back to US...cheers.

Last edited:

Dav

One Too Many
Thanks, these were a collaboration with Iron Heart.
First time I've ever tried a pair of engineers, very comfortable when on, but I never expected them to be so hard to get off, almost put my back out last night doing so, hopefully that'll get easier with time.

P.S.
I wondered what was meant by "heel pinch" as well.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Been looking forward to posting on this thread for quite a while, well today's the day :D

Iron Heart/Viberg Engineer Boots

Nick, what are the specs on those boots? They look a lot shorter than the usual 11" wesco, I prefer them to be shorter than that...

Macbeth

One of the Regulars
Well, I've been looking at this thread awhile and don't have any engineer boots. But an email came up from Sierra Trading post( I'm on their mailing list) and there was a one day 45% off sale. I clicked on Red Wing and there was the Red Wing Engineer Heritage 2990 for $117!!!

I just couldn't pass it up! So I will see how I like these!

Sale till midnite!

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Macbeth: I picked up a pair of those same 2990's about a week ago from STP. For what it's worth their one of the most comfortable pairs of boots that I have and I have about a dozen pair at the moment. The leather is very supple and the footbed feels much softer than my other Red Wings. They're a great pair of boots and the nitrile cork sole is extremely durable.

Macbeth

One of the Regulars
Thanks Casechopper!

I hesitated only a moment on the 2990s because I knew they would go fast. I really preferred the brown but I don't have but one pair of black boots: Dan post lizard.

I saw pics of yours and thought , why not, at that price!

A credit card is a dangerous thing!!

Kato

Familiar Face
Mirror shine polish on my RW PT-91
10364315_10152160370293807_292782995_n.jpg

Mirror shine polish on my RW PT-83
961104_10152160418108807_1599820279_n.jpg

Last edited:

wdw

One Too Many
Nick, great looking boots, but a scary, scary price. I'm planning to get a pair of Wesco Boss next month when I'm in the US, and the 11" are working out at £260 at the current exchange rate. But I think I'll get the 16" ones as I prefer longer. I draw the line at the thigh length ones, though.

Dav

One Too Many
Have to agree regarding the price, however I was able to pay in two instalments, got 5% of due to a Christmas sale on the deposit, most importantly for me was the customer service that I knew I'd get if required and as it turned out I did need it, so expensive yes, but I'm very happy with the end result.
Also quite happy that Iron Heart are no longer working with Viberg, so temptation has been removed, for now. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany