Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Can anyone recommend a place to buy roller buckles for a pair of Wesco boss? Im interested in getting them prior to purchase and getting them built with my own buckles. ..

Kato

Familiar Face
Thanks Jimmer, I just saw Bakers are now offering them for $30 a pair, I'm guessing the Japanese ones are probably a bit better?

Hakurokuju offers plenty of buckle style (including vintage Redwing and Chippewa ) in brass and nickle color

1911 Man

A-List Customer
So maybe someone here can answer my question I posed in the Whites Semi Dress thread. It was never answered there. Many of these engineer boots, including the Whites Nomad, have a soft toe. What kinds of problems does a soft toe boot have, if it is just a walking / fashion boot?

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Less protection (obviously) and the toe will not develop the same kind of burnished sheen from repeated bumps and brushings. But you'll get a more flexible, stretchable boot with a lower profile toe (which may be just what you're looking for ;) )

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I saw these natural cxl engineers on DenimBro and thought they were awesome:
cxl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Wesco Engineer Boots Resole and converted to a handwelted construction w/ a woodsman heel. Replaced old hardware and tightened shaft.

Hi Brian, do you sell roller buckles for engineer boots? The vintage engineer blog gentleman is on vacation, the Japanese site I looked at had no translations!
Thanks,
Ben

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters