Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Enough with the logos

Bill O'Rights

New in Town
Matt Deckard said:
I'm tired of wearing the Ralph Lauren shirts with the pony, or seeing the Borsalino with the word Borsalino on the ribbon, or the pin on the side of the hat or the sweater that has RL monogrammed on the front My sweater and if any it should be my monogram.
While I tend to agree...it is, after all, just conspicuous consumerism...the irony of ironies is that the big RL monogrammed onto the front of the sweater...would BE my real life monogram. lol

Somehow though, I think that the subtlty wold be lost on most. [huh]

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
The Wingnut said:
I'd prefer my own logo! Far more stylish than any trendy modern designer.

small_chrome_wings.gif
Love it! Is it available in Left Wingnut and Right Wingnut versions like the old balloon and dirigible wings? lol Might be just the thing to avoid uncomfy conversational moments between strangers.

You could even have wings made up with the US crest in place of a nut, but one wing longer than the other to indicate right leaning or left leaning. Or the crest slanted, or inlaid in red or blue.

Finally, initials inside the crest (or nut) are a possibility to tip off your pet issues. C for Cultural, W for War (slash thru W for Antiwar), F for Fiscal, R for Religious...

The Wingnut

One Too Many
...now, if I wanted to do that, I'd have included it in the design. :p Make yer own! And my nick was Wingnut long before it became some silly political catchphrase!

Seriously, though, I'm actually digging around for a high-function but easy to use CAD / 3D modeling program so I can have these machined up and produced in sterling, or maybe even in stainless as a belt buckle.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Today I saw someone wearing a stocking cap with "Gucci" knit into the fabric around the edge. I suppose it was the only Gucci item he could afford.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
The Wingnut said:
... And my nick was Wingnut long before it became some silly political catchphrase!

:eek:fftopic:
I was going to mention that Wingnut is sometimes used as a term for Airman, but I see that you probably already know that!

Cheers,
Tom

dr greg

One Too Many
it's all about class

I wouldn't wear ANYTHING with a logo on it, unless it was some obscure band's interesting artwork, displaying the maker's mark on the outside of a garment is the definition of crass. Surf labels are the worst, you pay them to advertise themselves, what a joke.
Seriously rich people, and I know a couple, sure as hell wear expensive clothes, but you can tell that by looking at the quality, not by the label because it's where it belongs INSIDE the thing. Wearing some YSL t-shirt or whatever just tells the whole world: I can't afford anything dearer. As they say, the only people who wear Harley-Davidson shirts are the ones who are walkin'.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
As mentioned in another thread: Talk about t-shirts with logos on. I have seen grown men who should know better, wearing the producers label stitched on the sleeve of their new jacket or suite. They just did not take it off:eusa_doh: THATS SHOW OFF!:eek:

Fletch said:
...in the hat band when you buy it: Take that off, please. If you want to put your own pin on, OK, but don't wear the brand name.

Geez, I hate those. I see them all the time and it really gets to me. I have never seen them up close enough to see if they are easily removable. I try to err on the side that says maybe its glued on. :p [huh]

Regards,

J

luvthatlulu

Suspended
Gee...

I guess I'll just throw my Rolex away then. D**n that little gold crown and the word ROLEX under it!!!

Wait...the Mercedes in the garage and that d**nable three-pointed star,too!!! :rolleyes:

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Fletch said:
And that little hat pin...in the hat band when you buy it: Take that off, please. If you want to put your own pin on, OK, but don't wear the brand name.
yep. I put my own on. Not one of my hats has a factory hat pin.

luvthatlulu

Suspended
Thanks, but...

the Benz is so cute with those little flip-up gullwing doors. Oh, well...(sounds of gasoline being poured over car and match being struck) :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner