Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Equestrienne

$ally

One Too Many
Do you dress vintage when you ride? I did when I rode hunt seat, but haven't been lately. Now I usually wear English style boots or my Abilene packer boots. I've never owned a pair of cowpoke boots, although I mostly ride western these days. I tend to pair that with riding leggings and a beaufriend t-shirt when I'm exercising/trail riding, but need to spruce up a bit.
I was given a wonderful pair of 1940s riding gloves for Christmas. I managed to dig up an old pattern I used to make myself jodhpurs when I was 14. It will need some adapting to fit so many years later.
I'm also going to make myself another 1880s side-saddle dress for an upcoming parade, but that's the wrong era for this forum.

JockBushveld

New in Town
If tall brown field boots (or sometimes brown top hunt boots), tan riding breeches and English tweed hacking jacket when showing my Irish Draft/English TB gelding at horse trials (eventing) counts, then I guess I do. Naturally, when I'm out walking the course beforehand, I wear my Akubra Pastoralist to keep the sun out of my eyes. Glad to see other horsey folks out there. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy