Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excuse me Miss, do you Blog?

Berlin

Practically Family
I do, I do: http://www.petticoatsandpinup.blogspot.com/

Why did you start your blog?
Rambling about nonsense is my middle name. I thought blogspot was a good place for that to do so.

How did you decide on a topic, find your niche?
I adore vintage and to write about new antique or vintage pursuits. And I made the vintage way my lifestyle. So it was quite easy to find a topic.

Are you motivated to maintain your blog, why?
Strangely enough; yes.
Usually I have lack of motivation, but this blog gets a daily post, for -let's say- almost a year and half ;)

Have you found your blog to be an outlet or a way to stay passionate?
Very much so.

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
I do, I do: http://www.petticoatsandpinup.blogspot.com/

Rambling about nonsense is my middle name. I thought blogspot was a good place for that to do so.

I adore vintage and to write about new antique or vintage pursuits. And I made the vintage way my lifestyle. So it was quite easy to find a topic.

Strangely enough; yes.
Usually I have lack of motivation, but this blog gets a daily post, for -let's say- almost a year and half ;)

Very much so.

^^ and really good it is too Miss!
Tups x

Smuterella

One Too Many
Right, I've been through and I think, have added everyone whose blog is still going. Sad to see how many have been closed.

Mine is linked in my signature. I try to update at least once a week but somethimes that does fall by the wayside a little.

rue

Awww.... thanks ladies :) I wish I could bring it back up for good too, but besides the fact that it took up too much time, my husband's ex found it and started harassing me. That's the short version of a loooong story.

jessesgirl08

One of the Regulars
want to create a new blog however, i am at a loss as to what to call it. any ideas?
here is a list of random words/interests/things about me that may help.
Thanks for any and all ideas.
mommy
wife
books/read
dance
legs
fair skin
vintage
1940's
sarcastic
stubborn
worrier
taurus
red
purple
bunny
movies
music

Penny Dreadful

One of the Regulars
I see there is a new Etsy sticky, with all of our Loungers who sell providing the links for their shops. l love seeing all of this in one spot and it started me thinking there should be a sticky for Blogs as well. I also have a questions for the gals who do blog. . .

I've often thought of starting my own blog but just can't imagine why anyone would want to read it and then start to wonder why I would want to write it.
My head is just on backwards lately and thought blogging would help me re-organize mentally.

I blog! It's in my signature. I started because at my former job it became one of the ways to suck up, since we were in the social media industry. Everybody started one. My husband started one about his cat (since abandoned), and I started a blog that's generally about fashion but also includes things like culture and feeling/acting like a lady. I chose this because it seems to be the thing I know most about. I often play stylist to my friends; they come to me when they need to check the quality of a corset, or to see if maybe they could find what they want cheaper somewhere else, or just when they can't find something to wear that weekend and need to borrow my closet.
I'm motivated by a few things. First, since I get asked a lot of style questions, it becomes easy to just refer them to an article I wrote instead of repeating myself to a bunch of people. I also try to write articles that don't exist yet. I compile my information from boards such as this one, personal experience and the like, and when the article goes up sometimes it's the only one that shows up in a person's google search. If information on a topic is scattered and sometimes confusing, I try to compile it all in one place and simplify it. My views have been climbing steadily in the last year and I'm always excited to see how high they'll go on any one day, and if I'll break any records.
Lastly, I think, I make the "lifestyle" my blog promotes (if it really does that) something extremely attainable. Everything is as easy, quick, affordable, and realistic as possible. It's something I'm very proud of and I feel that if I do this instead of what the magazines do insisting everyone buy 500$ dresses or they look like crap, then more people will be motivated to do the things that make them feel better about themselves.
I know I'm not an expert or anything, it's all stuff that I have just personally researched and experienced, and found to be true and wanted to pass along hoping it would benefit someone.
I don't think I need any help staying passionate about fashion lol but it is an outlet for sure. I can be very opinionated about certain things and writing my "personal opinions" articles are a way for me to organize my thoughts and release them in a constructive way. I've always loved writing and would probably go crazy if I didn't.

maristella

New in Town
I started a blog not so long ago. It started out mainly as a knitting blog, but since I've started sewing that's gone on there too. Since I knit, crochet and sew a mixture of vintage and modern projects it's a bit of a mixed bag. I do try to update at least weekly though, which I'll hopefully be able to increase this year as I'm planning on a wardrobe overhaul. So if anyone wants to visit the link's in my signature.

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
I started a blog too. Its a bit sad at the moment because there are no followers :( My blog is about vintage NZ from the 1940's - 1960's. Check it out. Link is on my signature :D

Isis

One of the Regulars
What a neat thread! I often find it a bit hard to find interesting blogs. I shall hoover this thread for new interestings reads.

I blog too. I even blog twice:

Fashionable Forties is a rather new blog. I have a book from 1944 that describes how you can build a functional and well co-ordinated wardrobe in four years. So I decided to do just that- make me a 1940's wardrobe in four years. I'm still on the planning stage, so no clothes made yet, but I also post about other important aspects like make-up.

Isis' WardrobeMy older blog for all my sewing projects. I re-enact 18th century, so there is a lot of that, but everything goes there, medieval to the 1960's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo