Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excuse me Miss, do you Blog?

Nomanolo

Familiar Face
I'd love to get more international followers!

Fifties Darling

DSC03946+%2528Custom%2529.JPG

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
This is not strictly about blogging - well it is known as "micro-blogging" I guess! - but about Twitter. I'm such a latecomer to it, it's just swept by me for years until I finally took it upon myself to learn what it's about. So I thought it would be fun to add people from the lounge, if you're also on there! You'll find me as "SpiffingLina"... it would be really fun to connect with some of you there.

Miss Flora

New in Town
So wonderful to find out about all these lovely vintage blogs :) Here is my blog:
http://missflorasflat.blogspot.com

I am attempting to blog more frequently starting Jan 2nd, especially after seeing how many wonderful posts you all post on a
daily and weekly basis.

Also, I have a new blog design on its way, so the look of my blog will soon be more vintage.

xoxo - Miss Flora

Frenchy56

A-List Customer
Hello ladies! After an extended absence I'm back (life took over :) ) and will try and post more often!

One of my new year's resolutions is to start a blog, mainly as an outlet for my love of all things vintage/vintage-inspired (40s and 50s). I need somewhere to rave about my $40 vintage cocktail dresses and the wonders of hairnets :D I wanted to ask, though, what do you guys enjoy in a vintage themed blog? My first thought was just having it as a showcase for my vintage/vintage-inspired wardrobe and finds, but is that a bit boring? And/or hairstyle tips 'n' tricks- I know when I first started out all my knowedge about vintage hair techniques came from here and people's blogs, and as I am completely self-taught (and now quite good, IMHO :D) I wondered if I might be able to assist a fellow newbie.

I was also thinking of doing outfit posts, but I'm not 100% comfortable with posting pictures of myself on the net, plus, I don't fancy having to get someone to take a picture of me everyday!

Suggestions welcome!

Last edited:

Claire Everson

New in Town
Hi everyone,

I have been a lurker for ages, yet never posted. I have a blog, Sew Something Vintage, that focuses on sewing and vintage fashion, and at the moment I have a giveaway of some lovely 30s patterns from a German pattern sheet and other vintage sewing goodies, I thought some of you may be interested in. To enter you only have to leave a comment, not become a follower, and I will post anywhere in the world.

http://sew-something-vintage.blogspot.com/2012/01/happy-new-year.html

The pics of the patterns from the pattern sheet are in this post:

http://sew-something-vintage.blogspot.com/2012/01/giveaway-pattern-pictures.html

Isis

One of the Regulars
Hello ladies! After an extended absence I'm back (life took over :) ) and will try and post more often!

One of my new year's resolutions is to start a blog, mainly as an outlet for my love of all things vintage/vintage-inspired (40s and 50s). I need somewhere to rave about my $40 vintage cocktail dresses and the wonders of hairnets :D I wanted to ask, though, what do you guys enjoy in a vintage themed blog? My first thought was just having it as a showcase for my vintage/vintage-inspired wardrobe and finds, but is that a bit boring? And/or hairstyle tips 'n' tricks- I know when I first started out all my knowedge about vintage hair techniques came from here and people's blogs, and as I am completely self-taught (and now quite good, IMHO :D) I wondered if I might be able to assist a fellow newbie.

I was also thinking of doing outfit posts, but I'm not 100% comfortable with posting pictures of myself on the net, plus, I don't fancy having to get someone to take a picture of me everyday!

Suggestions welcome!

When I strated my blog on making a 40's wardrobe I had just planned to write about the clothes I made. I very quickly strated to write about everything 40's and that seems to be rather popular. I only write about things that interests me, though, which I think is a key point. If you write about teh things you have a torch for, people will find it interesting. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy