Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Falcon Park Hattery

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
He's resizing my "Crossover," as he calls it, and rebashing it into the style you see on his "Announcements" page. I hope I can get to wear it some before the horror of The Swamp's summer, aka March to December, gets its nasty little teeth into me.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
That is basically what I'm waiting for, 6" open crown, 2-5/8" (I think) bound brim, wind string, 4-ligne ribbon. Only difference is that mine will have a Borsalino-type bow rather than an Open Road-type bow.

So, I should think so!

Tom

...and you are right. Parker replied that he could make an OR clone, and I've asked for two samples of FP's felt (Sahara and Natural) and ribbon. I think I'm on the way to my first real custom hat!

AF

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
...and you are right. Parker replied that he could make an OR clone, and I've asked for two samples of FP's felt (Sahara and Natural) and ribbon. I think I'm on the way to my first real custom hat!

AF
Atticus, his "Sahara" is a very camel's-hair-blazer color -- it's the one I went with also. In the "Announcements" page picture, it looks more orange-ish than it does in real life.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
That Natural in 100% beaver from Winchester is a NICE color. That is what Major Mike made my first custom fedora out of = the Field & Stream Tribute (FST).
Got some felt samples from Parker yesterday and I agree with you. I think my choice is going to be 100% beaver in natural.

BTW, have you noticed any significant shrinkage in your FST? I'm trying to decide what size to request. Having never owned a 100% hat, I'm not sure how much to expect it to shrink with normal wear...if any.

AF

Got some felt samples from Parker yesterday and I agree with you. I think my choice is going to be 100% beaver in natural.

BTW, have you noticed any significant shrinkage in your FST? I'm trying to decide what size to request. Having never owned a 100% hat, I'm not sure how much to expect it to shrink with normal wear...if any.

AF

Hardly any at all AF. I guess it more depends on the sweatband drawing up than anything. With customs, I order true to my size = 7 5/8, 24", 61cm & Long Oval. That is if the hatter doesn't have a conformer type shape of my noggin. HTH

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Here is my new falcon park custom. Silver belly with wine ribbon. 2.5 brim
1fc2e108.jpg

985a3e28.jpg

f204a091.jpg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb327/historyteach24/25c26e40.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb327/historyteach24/f3d4cd95.jpg
c3f07d26.jpg

68835874.jpg

619bf44d.jpg

62c563f8.jpg

job

One Too Many
I love my FP silver belly. It has a silver tone to it instead of a light beige that so meany have. I must say that I've never seen a hat like yours. Teach you have a very nice one of a kind hat. I'm waiting to see what else you've designed.

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Hey Teach! That looks great!!! Congrats. I saw [probably many of you did as well] a homburg on Ebay several months ago with a very similar color scheme and it really caught my eye. Looks good enough to eat... or drink!

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Gorgeous hat, Teach! Mine arrived today too, delivered to my wife's work address. I'm sitting here tapping my foot waiting for her to get home!!!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Here is my new falcon park custom. Silver belly with wine ribbon. 2.5 brim
1fc2e108.jpg

985a3e28.jpg

f204a091.jpg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb327/historyteach24/25c26e40.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb327/historyteach24/f3d4cd95.jpg
c3f07d26.jpg

68835874.jpg

619bf44d.jpg

62c563f8.jpg

That is just beautiful, I always like contrast and a clean look, and that hat has both! Gratz!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy