Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Falcon Park Hattery

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
looks very nice on you, Jeff. Congrats!

Interesting brim treatment! Looks great on you Jeff. Parker makes some nice lids.

With that color combo, it looks like the 'cousin' of my Optimo Dillinger.

You really came up with a great looking hat Jeff.

+1

Fantastic.

Another great hat from Parker.Looks really good on you.

Bowlerman I lack adequate words to descirbe this so I will simply say that hat looks damn good

Thanks so much, everyone, and to all who commented in the other thread, too! Parker really knocked it out of the park! (I know that's been said a thousand times.) For a little while I felt like I don't need any more hats!
I'm very happy with this.

Jared-- Your Dillinger variations were actually a big part of my color choice, especially when it came to honing in on the warmer oxblood or the more purple and darker black cherry. I still look at Optimo's 47th street in plum from time to time http://optimohats.com/#/hats/117/

As for the brim, I just told Parker I wanted a raw 2 1/4" edge with about a half-inch curl after that, and I really like what he did with it. As always, I really enjoy his bow work, too.

Part of me wants to keep ordering various colors with that very same block and brim width. lol

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Taking inspiration from Rabbit, but using only two models. ;)

012copyz.jpg

016copy.jpg

019copye.jpg

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Nice pics, Bowlerman. :D

I've been meaning to ask you about the Black Cherry felt from Parker - from your pics, it seems that the felt's color formula is different from Art's Black Cherry felt. FP's looks darker and less purple. Very nice color.
Did Parker tell you anything about the provenance of the felt formula?

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I just got an e-mail from Parker. He says his supplier is sending a sheet of felt large enough to make my size 7 ¾ Falcon Park Open Road Clone. I’m sure beavers across the globe are breathing a sigh of relief. They are thanking the Supreme Rodent that their species has, thus far, survived my hat project.

AF

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks guys! I'm so happy with Parker's work.

Rabbit-- I've never seen Art's Black Cherry in person, but from pics posted here, you're absolutely right-- the FP is darker. Parker didn't mention anything about it, other than it's beaver felt, but I haven't asked, either. In our initial conversations, I asked for something almost black under certain lights, that would reflect purple-brown tones. The color is exactly what I was hoping for.

Historyteach-- John is right on the money. The "Virtuoso" is the hat Parker made for me last spring. The inspiration was the "Julep" with both a higher crown and slightly wider brim. The same block was used for both of my hats.

m0nk

One Too Many
Here is my new Falcon Park custom. I stole the "Julep" design from the website but put my own spin on it. I added a yellow accent and my favorite part of the hat is the diamond crease. Brim is 2 3/8 inches bone felt with summer blue ribbon
7e3ab55d.jpg

3b5bd108.jpg
Beautiful hat! I was wondering though which felt type that is; standard rabbit, vintage, or beaver? The diamond crease reacts exactly the way that I'm after, but since I haven't been able to get it right with other modern rabbit felt hats, I was leaning towards vintage or beaver... Though if it'll work with the standard rabbit he has, then I'm all for the lower cost there.

m0nk

One Too Many
It's rabbit and it reacts perfectly
Awesome, does it feel thinner/lighter than say an Akubra Federation? I know the standard rabbit is thicker than vintage hats so I was leaning towards the vintage weight. I have a Moonstone Fed IV and was hoping for something thinner/lighter, but the way it creases in your pics, I'm now leaning back towards his standard weight rabbit.

Last edited:

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
I have never handled an Akubra I am sorry. All I can go on is my feel and the feel is the softest I have handled. Give Parker a call or an email he can help you a bucnh. This hat was based on his Juelp design my red one is called the Fat Tuesday. You gotta be sure to talk about the diamond crease though he does a great job with it.

m0nk

One Too Many
I have never handled an Akubra I am sorry. All I can go on is my feel and the feel is the softest I have handled. Give Parker a call or an email he can help you a bucnh. This hat was based on his Juelp design my red one is called the Fat Tuesday. You gotta be sure to talk about the diamond crease though he does a great job with it.
Good to know, thanks!

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Hey guys I was curious if anyone has had any interaction lately with Parker. I wrote him an email 8 days ago about a hat that should be coming up and havent gotten a reply. I dont want to bother the guy so I am just curious if anyone has heard if production is behind. Has anyone gotten any new hats recently?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland