Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Falcon Park Hattery

BigDog

New in Town
Do tell! I didn't see that one on the swatches!
Someone recently mentioned he has other colors either soon or now-- are they secrets? ;)

Congrats Historyteach-- you'll be impressed with his work!

No secrets, I saw the hat in the movie Public Enemy and told Parker I wanted one. He found the felt and now he making me the hat. Parker will try and make anything you ask for.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
My Falcon Park custom is in the mail, Priority Mail, that is. Now it's a race to see if the Post Office can get it here before I leave work on Thursday afternoon; otherwise I'll need to come back and pick it up on Tuesday, after Christmas.

It's supposed to look like this:

Stetson_Trail_small.jpg

Last edited:

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
My Falcon Park custom is in the mail, Priority Mail, that is. Now it's a race to see if the Post Office can get it here before I leave work on Thursday afternoon; otherwise I'll need to come back and pick it up on Tuesday, after Christmas.

It's supposed to look like this:
I can't wait to see that one!

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
That's a great looking hat, Benz. What color are you getting?
Camel -- a little darker than Open Road tan, I think. Black sweatband, no liner (as this is intended to be a warmer-weather hat in a light felt), with the 5 1/2" crown as above and the 2 5/8" brim, welt edge.

Originally, when I spotted the Miller Stockman Catalogs thread, I was thinking a Stetson "Kingstall," but then I thought the "Trail" would be a better model. After looking over the catalogs thread again (see post 26), I'm thinking I might name this the "Deming," after another model Stetson offered in the late '50s.

.... Black sweatband, no liner (as this is intended to be a warmer-weather hat in a light felt), with the 5 1/2" crown as above and the 2 5/8" brim, welt edge.

Just a suggestion Paul = get the liner but ask for it not to be attached, just tucked in behind the sweat. I do this with my ArtLite VS Customs & I can wear in colder & warmer weather just by taking the liner out or putting it back....HTH

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I'll ask Parker about one. The trouble down here in The Swamp is that it so rarely gets cold enough to need a lined hat. Today, for example, we're going to be about 30 degrees too warm for December, around 77 degrees.

Thanks to FL's encouraging my hobby, I've got a number of lined hats to use if the temp does plunge all the way down to what Loozyana dwellers consider cold, i.e., about 50 F. or less.

redhawks2

One of the Regulars
I'm waiting on a bone rabbit fur Open Road in a tall crown. I'm two weeks short of a six month wait but I'm sure it will be worth it. I'm looking at a silverbelly OR next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner