Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Falcon Park Hattery

RBH

Bartender
031qed.jpg

Nice!!!

memphislawyer

Practically Family
I took receivership of a hat that Parker made for me. I had read Mon's threads from say January and also Alive n Amplified as well. I wanted a hat similar to AnA's hat but not a true copy and like Monk, was going back and forth between granite and charcoal and sometimes steel. I have a Caribou colored Stetson Saxon and was worried that granite and charcoal would be too similar. I wanted something lighter than the Caribou, but not as light as silverbelly.

Here is how my Stetson looks:

photo2-4.jpg

I wanted a unique ribbon treatment that would be dressy, but also not too dressy, and not something that you had to stare at to appreciate or 'get' but that would keep the eye's engaged without having to wonder what it was. Eric (shortbaldingguy) had a pink stripe in his keeper on this hat and yes, I borrowed from him:

pink.jpg

AnA had a ribbon treatment that had the complimentary color scheme and he may have done his in a ribbon edge, whereas I got an underwelt. That hat body was a tad bigger than 7 1/8th so I shimmed the sweatband with weatherstripping with a paper towel cut to wrap around and clear tape around it, so it fits great now. 2 inch brim, just like my Stetson Saxon and center dent as well. Brim may not be as defined but hey, I get looks. I consider the Stetson to be a more formal look and this Falcon Park can go either way. My wife thinks I look better in the darker felt of the Saxon, but I love how the Granite of this hat goes with everything.

falcon1.jpg

falcon2.jpg

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
...I love how the Granite of this hat goes with everything.

That's EXACTLY why I chose the granite! :thumb:

Parker has made a fabulous hat for you. Wear it in good health! I also have an underwelt with contrast stitching, which I really like. With the thick felt, it gives the edge some weight, so much that you could almost chew on it. He's on my radar for another hat.

Way to go, memphis, I'm happy for you. You're going to enjoy that hat for a long time! :eusa_clap

memphislawyer

Practically Family
I will let you know tomorrow about the top stiching. Wore my Buckaroo today. And the granite color is lighter than the Saxon in Caribou and markedly lighter, that is, you can tell they are not the same variant of gray, but it is not nearly what I call a light color, if that makes sense.

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
I took receivership of a hat that Parker made for me. I had read Mon's threads from say January and also Alive n Amplified as well. I wanted a hat similar to AnA's hat but not a true copy and like Monk, was going back and forth between granite and charcoal and sometimes steel. I have a Caribou colored Stetson Saxon and was worried that granite and charcoal would be too similar. I wanted something lighter than the Caribou, but not as light as silverbelly.

falcon1.jpg

Nice choice, very good looking hat IMHO

m0nk

One Too Many
That is a nice looking hat! I haven't logged in here in a while, but I wanted to check in and see if anyone has gotten a FP hat recently. Parker emailed me and I should have my hats in a week or so. Hoping to see some tracking info in the next day or two.... getting very excited....

TallCrownDave

New in Town
I got my tracking number today and will some pics when is get it. Specs are natural with 2 1/2" brim, dark brown 1 1/2" ribbon. I asked Parker to bash it similarly to Bowlerman's.

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner