Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Famous Fedora Lovers

marshack

New in Town
Don't forget James Taylor
JT_bio.jpg

Last edited:

DNO

One Too Many
I was browsing the City of Toronto archives and came across a group of photos of Toronto hatter Sammy Taft with visiting celebrities.

Here he is with Bob Hope:

Hope1.png

Hope2.png

Actually there's a few shots of Mr. Hope trying on different hats.

Then there was Henny Youngman..."take my wife...please"

Youngman.png

As well as Willie Mays

Mays.png

And Louis Armstrong:

Armstrong.png

Rats Riley

A-List Customer
Then there was Henny Youngman..."take my wife...please"

Youngman.png

Back around 1988 (maybe that was 86 or 87) I was working as a carpet cutter on Mitchell Street in Milwaukee and the boss came in with Henny Youngman. I was on break eating lunch when they came in. I immediately jumped up (mostly because the boss came in), and said "Holly crap! You're Henny Youngman!"
He Immediately replied, "Ah crap! Are you one of mine? Here! (Handing me a ten dollar bill and a pat on the back) Don't tell your mom you saw me or I'll be paying through the nose..."

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Back around 1988 (maybe that was 86 or 87) I was working as a carpet cutter on Mitchell Street in Milwaukee and the boss came in with Henny Youngman. I was on break eating lunch when they came in. I immediately jumped up (mostly because the boss came in), and said "Holly crap! You're Henny Youngman!"
He Immediately replied, "Ah crap! Are you one of mine? Here! (Handing me a ten dollar bill and a pat on the back) Don't tell your mom you saw me or I'll be paying through the nose..."

LOL LOL LOL. Great story. Thanks for sharing. See, we just dont have personalities like that anymore. So many comedians today dont use clever puns or catch phrases anymore. Most comedians rely very heavily on 4- letter words.

R.I.P. Henny.

"My wife said to me, 'For our anniversary I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen!'"

LOL LOL LOL. Great story. Thanks for sharing. See, we just dont have personalities like that anymore. So many comedians today dont use clever puns or catch phrases anymore. Most comedians rely very heavily on 4- letter words.

R.I.P. Henny.

"My wife said to me, 'For our anniversary I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen!'"

You're a hoot, Josh!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
That's some wild suiting Willie's sporting. Was Versace in business back then......

Mays.png

MikeBravo

One Too Many

R.I.P. Henny.

Generous too Giving away $10 for the sake of a quick gag? Priceless!

Sam Craig

One Too Many
I always hoped that Spradlin was a great guy in real life, cuz he was certainly great at being a jerk in the movies ...

He's another spark that made movies glow.

Sam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou