Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Famous People in Flight Jackets

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
James Jabara, the second highest scoring ace in the USAF during the Korean War famously wore an A-2 during his first tour in Korea.

Not a very good photo but I've pinched this off the net, in my books it has a USAAF stencil on the left sleeve.

coree_jabara2.jpg
Here he is wearing one of those short parka flying jackets:

Jabara.jpg

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
The thing about spray on jeans is that they flatter virtually nobody. They just show off the imperfections of your body shape, even if you're thin. A slim silhouette is one thing, but mime-tight is another thing. And that's a horrible fit for a jacket anyway.

Aye, I agree. They're really ugly things and I imagine denim ones must be very uncomfortable. Don't know why some men think they can pull 'em off... It just doesn't work.

fabiovenhorst

Call Me a Cab
Yeah, I'd agree with that.
They took a story that had the potential to show how these guys had to fight to gain acceptance due to color, and the discrimination they faced at home, but overcame it to demonstrate why the very ideas of American society were better than the Nazi's (and in the end, we won because our ideology was better), and turned it into a kid's movie lacking any depth.

Or, if that really is the level of movie that adults watch, I am seriously culturally isolated these days.

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Deacon211

One Too Many

Ah the old T-2 Buckeye. Sort of a combination rock climbing wall and round head rivet collection.

There were so many rivet ends lost in the avionics bay doors after 30 years of flying that they sounded like canastas when you opened them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Treetopflyer

Practically Family
Ah the old T-2 Buckeye. Sort of a combination rock climbing wall and round head rivet collection.

There were so many rivet ends lost in the avionics bay doors after 30 years of flying that they sounded like canastas when you opened them!

VX-20 at Patuxent River, MD still flies two of them as chase planes for aircraft testing.

Deacon211

One Too Many
VX-20 at Patuxent River, MD still flies two of them as chase planes for aircraft testing.

I'm surprised that they use them for chase. Would had thought they'd have a couple of Hornets or T-38s sitting around for that.

It seemed like the biggest virtue of the Buckeye is that you could spin the heck out of it and not break it!

I recall being sent back to the T-2 for one flight of spin before starting ACM in the TA-4J. I think there was even one or two sitting around Miramar and Oceana for spin work for the Tomcat guys.

You over at Pax, TT? Sounds like fun!

Treetopflyer

Practically Family
I'm surprised that they use them for chase. Would had thought they'd have a couple of Hornets or T-38s sitting around for that.

It seemed like the biggest virtue of the Buckeye is that you could spin the heck out of it and not break it!

I recall being sent back to the T-2 for one flight of spin before starting ACM in the TA-4J. I think there was even one or two sitting around Miramar and Oceana for spin work for the Tomcat guys.

You over at Pax, TT? Sounds like fun!

I am at PAX, rotary wing operational test.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart