Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favourite Scents

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
Mens' Fragrances

I have to admit to wearing Canoe by Dana today. I love this fragrance even though it's mens' cologne. It's the brother to the original Ambush. I would love to get my hands on Ambush again. Very light and not too sweet.

TheKitschGoth

A-List Customer
Ooh I love perfume.. for me it's either..
Amor amor by Cacherel
Babydoll by Yves Saint Laurent
Deep Night by Ghost
Summer Flirt by Ghost
or Vanilla perfume oil by the Body Shop. And that one is apparently approved of by everyone because it makes me smell "good enough to eat" :D

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I rarely use scent, but when I do it is a single floral--either White Rose or Lily of the Valley. I love the smell of Lilac but I've never been able to find a perfume of that flower that isn't sickly sweet.

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
TheKitschGoth said:
Ooh I love perfume.. for me it's either..
Amor amor by Cacherel
Babydoll by Yves Saint Laurent
Deep Night by Ghost
Summer Flirt by Ghost
or Vanilla perfume oil by the Body Shop. And that one is apparently approved of by everyone because it makes me smell "good enough to eat" :D

I have Amor Amor too, I just love it, it was my very first perfume ever! Now I've become quite the perfume collector! All thanks to Amor Amor...:D

BonnieJean

Practically Family
I love Chanel #5, but its a bit out of my price range.

My grandmother and mother used to wear White Shoulders and I've started to wear it as well. Must be a genetic thing. Its a more floral scent and a little goes a long way. One website describes White Shoulders as:

WHITE SHOULDERS perfume by EVYAN was launched in 1945. This fine fragrance contains neroli, tuberose, gardenia and is accented with jasmine, orris and musk. WHITE SHOULDERS is recommended for formal use. (italics mine)

I wear my White Shoulders every day! Its one of those scents that you'll either like or dislike. I always feel like a lady when I wear it!

JazzBaby

Practically Family
Holiday Scents

I always buy a perfume in the duty free when I go on holiday so I find that wearing certain scents always reminds me of the city I've visited. My signature perfume is Chanel Chance, which reminds me of London but I also have in rotation: Chanel no 5 (New York), Paris by Yves Saint Laurent (which reminds me of...Paris!) and Arpege (doesn't remind me of anything really, I only wear it when I'm in 'bombshell' mode ;) ).

LaydiRaevin

New in Town
Tough Cookie said:
Yes, it's very important to wear the scent and smell it initially, and also on the "dry down". Different notes dominate at different times, and it's not unusual for perfum to smell very different (for good and for ill) once it's mixed with your skin's chemistry.

www.scentmonkey.com is a good place to start.

Agreed. I had a friend who wore a perfum can't remember the name right now, and I loved it on her. I tried it on me and I smelt like a skunk. eww.[huh]

Jenautica

Familiar Face
imoldfashioned said:
I rarely use scent, but when I do it is a single floral--either White Rose or Lily of the Valley. I love the smell of Lilac but I've never been able to find a perfume of that flower that isn't sickly sweet.

Demeter has a delicious lilac. Their lily of the valley is quite pretty too!
http://demeterfragrance.com/product.aspx?t=f&id=898

As for staying power, these single note scents aren't the greatest. Although for the price, a few "touch ups" throughout the day won't break the wallet.

princessofcandl

One of the Regulars
Hello... newbie here...

OK.. so my fav scents are: Pink Sugar by Aquolina (smells like cotton candy), Lemon Sugar by Fresh (smells like vanilla and lemon verbena), and I am nutty for body oils. I really love strawberry and mango (not together) from the Body Shop. I get loads of compliments on the mango. I do not work well with other scents. I love Fendi and Paris but they do not smell great on me. My body seems to like the "foody" scents. Makes sense cuz I'm a nutritionist and love to eat.

I always joke that if the way to a man's heart is through his stomach then I like to smell like food.

Not exactly "vintage" scents but they are original enough to get attention.

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
I've heard that saying a few times,so it must be truelol I just aim to smell delicious, if I smelled like a sugar cookie or something I'd be hungry all the timelol

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Hello Ladies!
I decided to treat myself to the Coco Mademoiselle, thanks for your advice, I love it!:) I asked a girl I work with for her opinion and she commented on how nice it was! Then proceeded to tell me about her perfume sensitivity(if I'd known I wouldn't have worn any:eek: ) but in my opinion if someone with a perfume allergy says it's nice I've hit gold! :D
Thanks again!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
perf_oils.enlarge.jpg

www.auricblends.com
They sell oils and I LOVE their vanilla musk. I have been wearing it for years, the smell is clean, light and feminine. :)

LD

I have Night Queen (smells like roses), Egyptian Goddess, and Lilac Gardens. I bought the raspberry for my pre-teen niece. I keep one in my purse if I need a little scent pick-me-up. Good stuff.

My favorite perfume is Jessica McClintock. It's a combination of bergamot, ylang-ylang, rose, white jasmine and lily of the valley. I've worn it since it came out, and get many compliments on it.

Caledonia

Practically Family
Chanel 19, Ghost (the one in the crescent moon bottle), Joy, L'Air du Temps, Code, and that old 70s favourite Rive Gauche.

Molly O'Star

New in Town
Stella by Stella McCartney is lovely. It's feminine without being an overpowering floral.

Dior Addict is excellent, too. Just spicy enough.

Both make great daytime fragrances.

fibi

New in Town
I love Chanel's Gardenia and Cuir de Russie for a special occassion. Everyday I wear Allure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy