Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FEDORA & FRANK SINATRA

BLACKIE

New in Town
FEDORA

IS STILE , CLASS , AND DEMANDS RESPECT, A FEDORA HAS TO BE PAIRED WITH JUST THE RIGHT SUIT AND ATTITUDE.,
REMEMBER HOW DIFFERENT FRANK SINATRA LOOKED WHEN HE WOULD WALK OUT ON A STAGE WHILE ROUND WHITE LIGHTS WOULD SHINE AT DIFFERENT SPOTS ON THE STAGE . HE WOULD HAVE A BLACK SUIT ON , A BLACK FEDORA , AND A LONG BLACK COAT DRAPED OVER HIS ARM , WHEN FRANK SINATRA CAME ON STAGE WITH THAT LOOK . '"HE WAS THE CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD"
WALK IN TO A ROOM WITH CONFIDENT AND A FEDORA, AND YOU WILL FEEL LIKE THE CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD.

" TINMAN "

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Welcome Tin Man...

I love the Rat Pack styling too 'Tin Man!', especially Frank, that master of the crooners, with the sharp suits and the thin ties! Although, his hat brims are just a tad 'too small' for my liking.

So, as this is in the 'Hat Section,' what is it that you like in particular about 'his hats' and what pics have you got of 'you' in your Sinatra hat? and what do you think the hat image says about the man? Love to see some pics up there for style tips!!:cheers1:

PS: Oooops! Think your caps lock got stuck my friend, wouldn't want the Rat Pack (Mafia Link) paying you a visit for 'shouting' in the Hat Room!! :)

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Frank & Fedoras

Sinatra's Fedora/Cavanaugh Hat period was really the mid 1950's during his Capitol Records concept album period. During his first high point of popularity the Bobby Soxers period in the 1940's, Frank really is more associated with being hatless, floppy bow ties & tailored suits! Peter :cool:

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I have never been a true Sinatra fan, but did like him best when he wore those fedoras and came on the scene with "that look." He looked so cool.

His daughter said no one could wear a at the way he could and, with that slim face, he could wear stingier brims than most. He also had the widest hat bands I have ever seen on fedoras.

http://www.laureatedvd.com/SINATRA-PLAT.jpg

karol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot