Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Lounge Club Tie -Poll Added, Options on 1st Post.

What color sceme/style should be used for the Fedora Lounge Club Tie?

• A: Yellow-Gold/Grey-Blue on Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B: Red & Yellow Pinstripes on Black

• C: Blue & Yellow Pinstripes on Black

• D: Bold Red & Yellow on Black

• E: Deco Blues

• F: Neat Pattern

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jovan

Suspended
griffer said:
Just the hat, not the whole medallion...too much detail in that medallion!

and for the cufflinks, again, just the silver hat with a bar a chain.

less is more, less is more. IMHO.
Yes. Just the hat itself is a lot more subtle, and little less in your face. I think, with respect to those who have commented here, many forget that these should be wearable above all else.

I could see it being a great repeating design, like these kind of ties. Silver hats woven on a blue background. But I don't think anyone here shares my taste for that kind of preppy stuff. lol Besides it not being a real "club" tie.

If I had "teh Photoshopz" or patience, I'd mock up something of my own.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I like that.. though I wouldn't have the Lounge heads in the tie.

Or black with a repeating pattern of five pinstripes going across with the middle stripe being yellow.

Indy Magnoli said:
What do you think of this, Matt?

fl-v4.jpg

The dark grey circles would be subtly woven into the silk background and not printed. This, of course, could be done on one of the other designs as well... just thought I'd kill two birds with one stone on this sample.

Kind regards,
Indy

Riposte3

One of the Regulars
Matt Deckard said:
I like that.. though I wouldn't have the Lounge heads in the tie.

Or black with a repeating pattern of five pinstripes going across with the middle stripe being yellow.

Matt,
If it's what I'm thinking (Indy: please correct me if I'm wrong) the Lounge heads wouldn't actually be a different color, but would be woven in as a different "texture" in the material. It's a very subtle effect that is hard to describe, difficult to represent in drawings, and doesn't come across in photographs very well, but looks very good (IMHO) in person.

It's the most visible if you have a tie with a bit of shine to the material, although it works with any material. On a "shiny" tie, from one angle the heads would shine and the background would be dull, and from another angle the background would shine and the heads would be dull. Again, difficult to describe, and "shine" may not be the right word, either.

-Jake

Technonut

Practically Family
Orgetorix said:
The lady has better taste than some of the gents who've commented here.

Taste is subjective.... :rolleyes: I want something fun. Like the set of FL glasses and hat pin that I have. :) I do not plan on wearing the tie to a business meeting. If I want just another boring, tasteful tie, I could purchase one anywhere. Just my take on the matter... [huh]

Senator Jack said:
My .02

If the head has to be on it, how about a subtle brocrade as with these chessmen?

DSCF0006.jpg

My other suggestion - one-color embroidery on raw silk.

DSCF0003.jpg

I like both ideas---the first one a bit more though.
Tech has it right. If I wanted a boring tie, I could go to any store now and buy one. This is the Fedora Lounge not a prep school. I mean I don't want to look like this:
normal_0960.jpg

:p

Regards,

J

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
Matt Deckard said:

Matt Deckard said:
Black five pinstripes center one being yellow.

The squeeky wheel gets the oil:

fl-v5.jpg
fl-v5-2.jpg

On this version I tried to better show what the effect of the repeating logo would look like. Also, instead of placing them inbetween the stripe sets, I have them repeating over the entire tie face.

Kind regards,
Indy

Indy Magnoli said:
The squeeky wheel gets the oil:

fl-v5.jpg
fl-v5-2.jpg

On this version I tried to better show what the effect of the repeating logo would look like. Also, instead of placing them inbetween the stripe sets, I have them repeating over the entire tie face.

Kind regards,
Indy

Now we're getting somewhere. :eusa_clap
For some reason I think I like the blue stripe better. :D

Regards,

J

Thunderbolt

One of the Regulars
Wow

Brilliant! I am getting excited just by the thought of it. I like both the red and blue. I think the red will work with more suits better than the blue, but blue is my favorate color. I'd have to get both. I just can't make up my mind...

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
Well... here is a recap of the color scheme/styles so far (disregarding the logos, etc)...

lounge-ties.jpg

So, is this enough selection to start a pole on the color scheme/style?

Once we get the color sorted out, then we can debate whether to do a single logo at the bottom, woven into the silk, or none at all...

Kind regards,
Indy

Travis

Suspended
Indy Magnoli said:
And one for Senator Jack...

fl-v6.jpg

Kind regards,
Indy

Sign me up. I agree that the logo should maybe be a bit less obvious, not white, but other than that, this is by far my favorite. I really like the other two recent ones you've done as well. If my vote counts for anything, I think we're definately on our way there. Thanks a ton Indy!

Travis

Suspended
Indy Magnoli said:
Well... here is a recap of the color scheme/styles so far (disregarding the logos, etc)...

lounge-ties.jpg

So, is this enough selection to start a pole on the color scheme/style?

Once we get the color sorted out, then we can debate whether to do a single logo at the bottom, woven into the silk, or none at all...

Kind regards,
Indy

Labeling them from Left to Right A-E, In order my favorites are:

1. E
2. B
3. C
4. D
5. A

Dutch McCoy

One of the Regulars
Mine in order of preferance:
1.C
2.B
3.D
4.A
5.E

I feel a more reserved tie would be better. If I buy a tie, I need to be able to wear it. I can not afford to buy a tie just to buy it, it has to be functional. But, that is just my take. How about a Serious Tie and a Fun Tie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred