Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

I talked to Billy for about 45 min at a show once about Cadzilla & some of his other cars. Almost a completely hand built body by Boyd Coddington, Cadzilla is absolutely beautiful.

14ayl2a.jpg

Lotsahats

One Too Many
I finally got to hit a piece of the Appalachian Trail today--a small piece! I picked up the trail near Hamburg Reservoir and walked only about 6 miles--3 out and back--to get to a place called Pulpit Rock. The temps were in the 30s at the trail head, but the sun was shining on my Akubra Drover and me.

IMG_3843.JPG

My three-mile section of the trail pales in comparison to the 2100 mile length of this incredible piece of America; the trail is marked with white blazes.

IMG_3831.JPG
IMG_3830.JPG
IMG_3832.JPG

The change in elevation took me by surprise (900' gain), and the climb gets pretty technical in places, with rocks and boulders to negotiate, but man, the payoff...

IMG_3838.JPG

The Drover seemed to enjoy the climb, too.

IMG_3833.JPG
IMG_3840.JPG

Cheers,
A

rclark

Call Me a Cab
I am very jealous on 2 counts:
Aaron's trek on the Appalachian Trail.
Robert's Willie concert. Last time I saw Willie in concert was my senior year in college, uh 35 years ago?
Thanks Perry! It was a blast. Willie's son Lukas was one of the opening acts and he's quite the talent as well. He has Willie's voice. Willie started just before midnight so the old man (82) can still hang! It was a great way to start the new year!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Today I was in the mountains to visit my father.
To come back home I travelled a panoramic road from which I can see these important peaks
6i4mrq.jpg

Mount Baldo (Berg Wald in German) is a mountain range in height of up to 2218 m between the provinces of Trento and Verona
awrqzt.jpg

The ridge spans mainly northeast - southwest
Mount Baldo is characterized by considerable geographical individuality.
It consists of a ridge parallel to Lake Garda that stretches for 40 km, from the lake to the west and the east Vallagarina
bhc95h.jpg

The Horn of Aquila (1,545 m) is a mountain of Lessinia in the Province of Verona. It marks the northern limit of the Valpolicella. Its name comes from the Latin AQUILUS, meaning bleak
On the north-east it is one of the world's deepest karst chasms, the Spluga della Preta, about 1000 meters deep. It looks like a sinkhole funnel and gives access to a number of wells. His first exploration dates back to 1925
Both these mountains sign the border of Vallagarine, the main road from East Italy to north for centuries.
I have the want to walk in the snow, but my shoes fails me
24ycwfm.jpg

So I have to come back to the car and drive in a winding and deep valley to the plains near Verona
spabyt.jpg

French hat marked A. Meer Strasbourg

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
True Daniele. Here the people that rented a room on the highest peak for christmas had no snow.
We'll see if the sky industry will suffer. If the snow melt too soon... no skying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner