Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

Alan really intimate portraits of three generation.
I admire the longevity and the wants of life of these old oaks.
It is an example.

Today we went to Ferrara 100 Km. southeast from Verona to see an exhibition
The show is dedicated to the birth of the Scuola Metafisica during the I WW
The painters are Giorgio De Chirico https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giorgio_de_Chirico e
Carlo Carrà https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlo_Carrà
The day was pleasant and we avoid the fog in the plain, the best ennemy during winter for cars trip.
n31dgh.jpg

Monica and me in the yard of the Estense Castle
106hqid.jpg

For all the lovers of Italian films, Ferrara was the location of De Sica Film "Il Giardino dei Finzi-Contini" that won the Accademy Award in 1971 as Best Foreign Language Film. It is the story of a Jews family of Ferrara from late 30 until the deportation

Great movie!

Thank Y'all. It's a nice place, probably too cold on winter.

Joao: There are so many incredible places in Portugal. I know it fairly well and have visited most areas of the country in my 3 visits. They ranged from a month in '69, a month in '78 and three months in '1990. It is way past time for another visit. Our preference is more the north rather than the south coast. I love Porto.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao: There are so many incredible places in Portugal. I know it fairly well and have visited most areas of the country in my 3 visits. They ranged from a month in '69, a month in '78 and three months in '1990. It is way past time for another visit. Our preference is more the north rather than the south coast. I love Porto.
25 years is a long time. A lot of things happened and changed.

25 years is a long time. A lot of things happened and changed.

Yes, on my first visit, Portugal was still involved in the wars in Angola and Mozambique. My most vivid memory is of road crews comprised of women and the many wounded men about on crutches. The second visit it was the shanty town camps just outside the Lisbon campground habituated by Angolan/Portuguese refugees. Then in 1990 it was the infusion of EU money and the national bird of Portugal was now the construction crane. It was a booming country in 1990.
Time for a revisit!

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Hiked the Santa Elena Canyon in Big Bend National Park today in my 1950s Stetson Nutria Quality western. Incredible views.

Gorgeous, Rick! I'd love to head down there. I'm loving the forests of the northeast, but there's something in my soul that increasingly craves the desert.

A

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Great Photos all - nice to see you all in well condition! :)
Nice Family Portrait Alan you can be proud!
Nice to see the Great shoots from Joao Fantastic Area!
My good friend Daniele looks great on the photo and nice to See your wife with you together!
Jeff, a Great travel and a good timing to met the Family!
Have a nice holiday and a great Christmas for all here!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Given the great weather we're having, I thought I'd head off to French Creek State Park, halfway between Philly and Harrisburg. Here's what it looked like in August, the last time I was out there:

IMG_3143.JPG
IMG_3144.JPG

And today:

IMG_3803.JPG
IMG_3808.JPG

While it was gray and damp today, the temperature was in the mid 50s--unseasonably warm. I wore the same hat both times, an Akubra Territory. That 4" brim was more helpful this summer, believe me.
image.jpg

Cheers,
A

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner