Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

RJR

Thanks again. Second part

The meadows suitable for hay at the foot of Mount Cavallo, are among the highest in Europe and cultivated for many months a year as of the gardens
14uukh0.jpg

There are numerous barns that are the shelter for soilage during the months of the cut
1zzopx5.jpg

Wednesday was dedicated to the longest, a day long, and most strenuous hike
The valley, in the morning, from the first slopes towards the Fanes
2woen4i.jpg

Some mountains that surround the path
inb91k.jpg

Sweat and toil
30s8pq9.jpg

We arrived at Fanes, a plateau with a lake where there is the "Parliament of the Marmots"
o8gjz5.jpg

These animals are very active in this area and often show themselves easily, accustomed to walkers, who arrived in the vicinity of their homes are "lurking" to see them
2qn7bcl.jpg

The small lake with a little river
2j3my4l.jpg

We had a dinner in the mountain retreat with the international crew of walkers (half Italian and half German)
The path winds through bypaths and military roads built during the First World War between priceless beauty
nfjme8.jpg

The first snow fell on Sunday on the high peaks, but the temperature was more than acceptable
2cmonxi.jpg

We arrived tired at the base for a strong dinner
Beautiful pictures.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the anniversary comments, guys. It's been 18 months or so since I've been able to spend time with both my daughters so this is a special treat.

Here they are at Sunday lunch today:

55f1fd55d0866edd25b75901385e2ad6.jpg

As I say, Punk IPA and a couple of punks!

We all worked up a good appetite on Arthur's Seat earlier.

6998f527254e42afc6ef25257f39d718.jpg

Cheers!
David

Thanks for the anniversary comments, guys. It's been 18 months or so since I've been able to spend time with both my daughters so this is a special treat.

Here they are at Sunday lunch today:

55f1fd55d0866edd25b75901385e2ad6.jpg

As I say, Punk IPA and a couple of punks!

We all worked up a good appetite on Arthur's Seat earlier.

6998f527254e42afc6ef25257f39d718.jpg

Cheers!
David

Love the pics, David. Especially the second one with the lady in the middle using the classic middle finger pose.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Walks in the Dolomites are not over, but this is the last of the series.......there were also days of rest.
We started from the Passo delle Erbe and follow the trail nr. 1 for the Refuge Monte Muro. The road leading to the shelter, located at 2,230 m.s.l.m., is an easy forest road plus some paths that winds in a beautiful alpine landscape and woods of pine.
15hiog4.jpg

From the refuge we continue along the path that winds through beautiful meadows, and reach the Giogo Alfarei (Alfreider Joch)
257mutd.jpg

From up here the view is wonderful: before us the Plose, the peaks of the Odle of Eores
2rz3q7k.jpg

Sasso Putia, the Fanes group and the Stubai Alps to those of the Zillertal Valley
qqu0ye.jpg

We continue along the path to the cross on Mount Muro where we can admire the view on the alp of Lüsen and on that of Rodengo
2ic5qaf.jpg

These are the first upcoming autumn signals that end the climbs
1zg9us0.jpg

For all lovers and fans of hats, pay attention please
These are the hats available in the hotel for those who want to buy them
259wwhe.jpg

They are strictly in wool and shapes are typical of the South part of the Alps

To end the series: this is my companion of walks and life ten years after our first visit to San Vigilio
ao2xx0.jpg

Vives!

Airline travel with a hat is a real challenge, hats off to you Alan for taking it on
I've never had a problem either. Sure, you have to take it off and run it through the x-ray machine at the security checkpoint, but other than that I've just worn them as I would any other time. That being said, in all fairness I've only ever brought one hat with me so I can understand that multiple hats might be more problematic.

The only "problem" for me is juggling it with my other effects when I'm in my seat. There's not a whole lot of room there anyway.
I just leave mine on my head. I don't know if that's "proper etiquette", but nobody but us cares these days anyway. Also, if I want to nap during the flight I just pull the front down over my eyes and the flight attendants leave me alone. Of course, I have had to learn to tell my wife not to wake me, or it's *elbow*elbow*elbow* "Hey, wake up. Do you want some of these stale airline pretzels?" :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass