Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

GHT

I'll Lock Up
This photo is well dated, (note the beard,) we don't have the Harley anymore. I know that we should be in hats, but if we had our skid lids on you wouldn't see how much fun we are having. That bike was about the best fun you could have with your clothes on. And by far the best compliment we got was when a lady said that the photo wouldn't look out of place on the sleeve cover of an Eddie Cochran LP. Praise indeed. The bike model was called A Heritage Springer.
on the harley.jpg

You'd never catch me on the Tilt, either. Though, to be fair, I have yet to actually go to the skydeck of the Hancock...
One of my wife's cousins accompanied us on that trip to The Tilt, and she wouldn't go near it either. I teased a little in my previous post, but to be honest I don't consider the discomfort associated with high places to be an unreasonable phobia. We humans are ground dwellers by nature, so unless we're looking for food in a tall tree it isn't normal for us to be so far above our natural terrain.

RJR

One of my wife's cousins accompanied us on that trip to The Tilt, and she wouldn't go near it either. I teased a little in my previous post, but to be honest I don't consider the discomfort associated with high places to be an unreasonable phobia. We humans are ground dwellers by nature, so unless we're looking for food in a tall tree it isn't normal for us to be so far above our natural terrain.
Amen.

Stay away from the desert. I grew up with copperheads and water moccasins (and the occasional coral snake and snapping turtle near Houston) in the Texas hill country. Here in the desert, we have lots of black widows, brown recluse spiders, rattlesnakes of several sizes and venom strength, tarantulas and more. We've got gopher snakes that imitate rattlers very convincingly, right down to vibrating their tails in dry brush to make the sound. None of these bother me much. The only thing that really creeps me out are the damn solpugids, also known as camel spiders, wind scorpions, or sun spiders. Non-poisonous, but they bite like hell, and they are fast.
At the top of the Chicago building formerly known as Sears Tower:

IMG_3813.jpg
Spiders and snakes I got no problem with. This on the other hand scares the bejeebies out of me.

frussell

One Too Many
I'm with Perry. Never had any fear of heights until I passed 35 or so. Now something like Blackthorn's photo would freak me out completely. Weird, but I remember my dad getting panicky crossing the bridge at the Royal Gorge, and thinking he was a big baby. I wonder sometimes if it's age-related.

I'm with Perry. Never had any fear of heights until I passed 35 or so. Now something like Blackthorn's photo would freak me out completely. Weird, but I remember my dad getting panicky crossing the bridge at the Royal Gorge, and thinking he was a big baby. I wonder sometimes if it's age-related.
I think so, for some people anyway. One of my brothers-in-law enjoyed riding roller coasters when he was younger. About the time he was in his mid- to late-40s or perhaps early 50s that changed, and now he won't go near them. For him it is a phobia, but for others there could be physical reasons, or a combination of both. I began to develop lower back problems when I was 43 years old, and they've slowly gotten worse in the 12 years since. Mentally and psychologically I'm game to ride a roller coaster, but physically...well, it would hurt...a lot. Heights don't have the same effect on me; they don't jar my spine. ;)

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
One of my best friends was a door gunner on choppers during the Vietnam war but now he won't even get on a funicular to go uphill. I think it may be an age thing, although in my younger days I did a lot of radical rock climbing in Yosemite and heights haven't begun bothering me yet. It's just an individual thing, I guess.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Great stuff @GHT and @Redfokker !!!

This was posted elsewhere, but this is the thread where it belongs. We went out to the church last Saturday for "A Night In Italy." Nice dinner and a dessert auction fundraiser to support the girls summer camp.

I wore my Italian made Blue Label Ralph Lauren suit with a dark burgundy shirt and the Gannon Black Cherry "Rodolfo." MrsFed dressed up nicely with her knitted cap she picked up in a NYC shop some 9 years ago.

i-twTpNfQ-XL.jpg

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great stuff @GHT and @Redfokker !!!

This was posted elsewhere, but this is the thread where it belongs. We went out to the church last Saturday for "A Night In Italy." Nice dinner and a dessert auction fundraiser to support the girls summer camp.

I wore my Italian made Blue Label Ralph Lauren suit with a dark burgundy shirt and the Gannon Black Cherry "Rodolfo." MrsFed dressed up nicely with her knitted cap she picked up in a NYC shop some 9 years ago.

i-twTpNfQ-XL.jpg

Knock outs!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I made it over to Tennessee yesterday to help Major Moore at his grandmothers place in Mississippi.

Today I spent a enjoyable time at the shop!

My new work fedora!
RX6aBz.jpg

I could not get away with wearing it.... but I really like the looks of Mike and Rocky's "DAY OF THE DEAD" hat!

hdwBCY.jpg

59WGYi.jpg

Rusty, all you need is a pair of these to go with that hat. You're set.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW