Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

SimonR

One of the Regulars
50's mascot ? seems short sleeve length

www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1407660172/1950s-mascot-leather-jacket

Capture.JPG

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Won’t fit the new owner. You might still have a chance.

I'll cross my fingers
I get the feeling I have offended people by purchasing this jacket. Like I have stolen something that rightfully belongs to someone else. Who would that person be?

Evidently from the comments here I was not the first person to see this jacket or have the opportunity to buy it. I bought the jacket based on the same pictures, descriptions everyone had access to.

Yes, I have an advantage, and no it isn't money.

Will you all feel better if it fits or if it doesn't? Which are your rooting for?
Maybe have a Poll?

Instead of assuming it won't fit me...What folks need to do is answer this question; Why didn't I buy it?

I know why I bought it and why others didn't.

The jacket arrives today! I will keep my celebration private so as not to offend again.:cool:

Bluechel

Practically Family
I get the feeling I have offended people by purchasing this jacket. Like I have stolen something that rightfully belongs to someone else. Who would that person be?

Evidently from the comments here I was not the first person to see this jacket or have the opportunity to buy it. I bought the jacket based on the same pictures, descriptions everyone had access to.

Will you all feel better if it fits or if it doesn't? Which are your rooting for?
Maybe have a Poll?

Instead of assuming it won't fit me...What folks need to do is answer this question; Why didn't I buy it?

The jacket arrives today! I will keep my celebration private so as not to offend again.:cool:
I'm pretty sure it's just playful jest, another way of congratulating you. I'm personally hoping it's a PERFECT fit for you.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I'm pretty sure it's just playful jest, another way of congratulating you. I'm personally hoping it's a PERFECT fit for you.
I didn't quite hear the congratulations part! I heard something a bit different ;)

I bought two incredible jackets today. Should I post them? No idea if anyone here saw them. I doubt anyone here would have bought them if they had seen them! One would have been too costly, the other would have just been passed by as another crosszip, Which it is not.

There are hidden gems out there in plain sight, some are expensive and obvious others are not.

I hope it fits well too, but a "perfect" fit has many components.
Thanks!

Bluechel

Practically Family
All the great jackets are 38-42 here mostly, so I enjoy looking but if they aren't 48 Long or 50 US I can't get too excited. Let's see fit pics posted somewhere here...

KBlake

One Too Many
I didn't quite hear the congratulations part! I heard something a bit different ;)

I bought two incredible jackets today. Should I post them? No idea if anyone here saw them. I doubt anyone here would have bought them if they had seen them! One would have been too costly, the other would have just been passed by as another crosszip, Which it is not.

There are hidden gems out there in plain sight, some are expensive and obvious others are not.

Thanks!
Post them!

Maybe have a Poll?

No offense taken on my part, I didn’t buy it because it’s at least two sizes too small for me and unless you’ve shrunken down to a size 40”, it’ll be too small for you too.
I had a 42” and it was too small:
IMG_2437.jpeg

So, I had no interest in it. Now if I could have gotten into it, you’d have never seen it. I don’t post jackets I’m looking to buy in this thread. I don’t care who buys them. It’s nice to see people who can wear them, in them. If you can wear it, I’ll celebrate with you. If it’s another jacket to add to a pile, who cares?

jeo

One Too Many

Thanks!

First and foremost, yes, post them!!

You're absolutely correct. Many jackets that are really high in price but many hidden gems to be had, you just have to know what you're doing and constantly be looking everywhere.

I just bought the steal of a lifetime on a super desirable mint gem from a place that everyone is aware about but I'm sure no one saw. Been basking in it's glory the past week but I'll eventually post it.

And as for the comments, it was all in good spirit I'm sure. Everyone wants the jacket to fit you, but if it doesn't, I'm sure everyone would love the opportunity to buy it if you decide not to keep it. I would have jumped on it if it was my size!

Thanks!
I am pretty sure I saw one?
IMG_5275.jpeg

I’ve said the same thing about this dumb ass thread since it’s creation. There’s very little we, as a collective, haven’t already seen.
There’s two types of people in it….
The quick
And the dead
There’s no magic, no secret keyword, no database of hidden knowledge. You are quick or you are dead. End of story.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I’ve said the same thing about this dumb ass thread since it’s creation. There’s very little we, as a collective, haven’t already seen.
There’s two types of people in it….
The quick
And the dead
There’s no magic, no secret keyword, no database of hidden knowledge. You are quick or you are dead. End of story.
I got a $125 Spiegel and a $99 Cal from this thread, courtesy of @Monitor and @JMax , respectively. I was lucky, quick, and grateful.

Al 916

One Too Many

Maybe have a Poll?

I think you would have to try much harder to offend most of us Terry

Leigh H

Practically Family

Thanks!

Terry you squirrel! Quit hiding them nuts :)
Let’s see your winnings! There’s no jealousy here.

I prefer when an item is bought from within this group. You know it’s going to a good home and there’s a slight chance it might make its way into FL classified section at some point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24