Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fist bump vs hand shake

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I've seen guys high-five ladies and call them "dude".
I've seen groups of women high fiving each other, referring to each other as dude and swearing like sailors, while doing shots. We're not in Kansas any more..........[huh]

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've seen groups of women high fiving each other, referring to each other as dude and swearing like sailors, while doing shots. We're not in Kansas any more..........[huh]

That's o.k., I've seen it in Kansas too. Especially the whole swearing like sailors. One of my bosses, if married to a sailor, and she cusses more than I did when I worked construction in High School. Of course, we work for a military contractor and she's trying to out testosterone the guys. Fun to watch though.

later

My biggest pet-peeve is foul-mouthed women! My sister has a fouler mouth on her than any of my friends for God's sake! I don't swear around women, and have even had some tell me that the fact I don't swear made them uncomfortable. Since when are manners grounds for discomfort?

SgtRick

One of the Regulars
My biggest pet-peeve is foul-mouthed women! My sister has a fouler mouth on her than any of my friends for God's sake! I don't swear around women, and have even had some tell me that the fact I don't swear made them uncomfortable. Since when are manners grounds for discomfort?

I agree wholeheartily with you on that. I find it absolutely disgusting to hear a string of 4 letter words spewing from the filthy sewer of a woman. Sorry.....flash back.

I agree. Always has been more than a turn off for me!
HD

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
A guy gave me a fist bump last night. I was painting my fingernails, though. I wasn't offended -- it was a friendly gesture in my own home. He took into consideration that I might mess up my nails if I actually shook his hand :D That's pretty gentlemanly to me.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Yes, I suppose it is fun to watch unless you're the one that lost lol I'm a terrible winner. I've even been known to react the same way after winning at something like Scrabble :D

I wasn't even thinking of the whole sportsmanship thing. Just jumping for joy during a friendly game of whatever. I find it pleasing to see people having a good time after an accomplishment.

Maybe because I'm not all that competitive, seeing happy winners doesn't bother me, even if I've been on the opposing team.

shazzabanazza

Practically Family

Totally agree! Nothing worse then foul mouthed women! Even men for that matter. There is no need to be using foul language like its part of everyday life. I can accept it if someone is angry or upset as I do it myself when I feel angry BUT as for using it on a daily basis...pfft!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou