Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

formal introduction

theprofessor

New in Town
Greetings to all... I've been posting on here off and on for several months and have noticed that many take a moment to introduce themselves, so here goes. I live in Savannah, GA where I serve as a minister am about to embark on an adjunct professorship at a local university. I

have been into hats for about a year and a half. And although I usually wear my dress clothing reluctantly, when I wear suit and tie am quite particular about the quality of the materials and the look. I have enjoyed tremendously the high quality of information and discussion on this site and everyone who takes part is to be commended on their dedication to share in their pursuit for "the finer things" in life. So hello, and thank you for the advice I've benefitted from, even though at the time you probably never knew I existed. Glad to be part of this wonderful project and if you find yourself in the Savannah area for a visit, please feel free to contact me as I'd be glad to buy you a cup of coffee and chat a bit.

God Bless
m.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Hello, Professor, and welcome to the Lounge!

I'm just finishing up my first semester as an adjunct professor of history here at CSU-Pueblo, so I know well the thrill and terror you might be feeling as you prepare to teach.:)

As for dress clothes, wear 'em to school! Universities today need a little classing up!

Brad

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Howdy Prof !

What a lovely town to live in. I grew up in Athens & can almost recall some wonderful times spent in Savannah. Glad to see you here!

Gan bei! :cheers1:

Alucard73

One of the Regulars
Welcome Professor! I lived outside Savannah for several years when in the Army. Beautiful city. I concur with Brad, you are in the perfect position to mold minds in many ways including proper style and class. As an attorney, I too have the opportunity to dress up frequently and have learned that it is a privilage. And that the proper hat makes every ensemble complete.

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
Welcome

Welcome, prof. Before I went into my current field, I taught college English.

I don't think I ever officially introduced myself to the group, other than to say that I was new and had gotten into hats about six months ago.

I'm a Democratic political consultant living in Nashville, TN with my wife, who runs a ceramics studio. As an artist, she's a helluva lot more talented than I am.

I primarily work in state legislative and gubernatorial races, although I've consulted on a couple of U.S. Senate races. At the moment, I'm glad that won-loss records aren't a killer in political consulting because I just got my ass handed to me last month in the Tennessee Senate, losing three seats (Overall record for the cycle in contested races: 2-5. I could coach University of Tennessee football with that record).

My wife and I are both native Tennesseans, but we moved to Nashville three years ago. It's a great place to live.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Welcome aboard, Professor. You're in good company.

I had several wonderful visits to Savannah in the 70's, even taking the train from Tallahassee once. Savannah is one of the most charming sities in the South and home to some fine restaurants.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Gilgamark said:
I'm a Democratic political consultant living in Nashville, TN with my wife...

Have you picked up your copy of Ted Nugent's new book, "Ted, White, And Blue"? Im enjoying it a lot. Great read! :D

Now that that's clear, I still want to say WELCOME to a place where we all seem to generally agree on matters of civility and style.

Also, check the Events section. In February, a few of us will be meeting in Monteagle, TN. It'd be nice if you could attend.

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
The Nuge

Don't agree with most of Ted's politics, but I've been a fan of his music for years. Saw him in concert three times during the 80's. Haven't read his books., though.

Also, being a Tennessee Democrat, I support gun rights. (Actually, I'm fairly libertarian about a lot of things. As long as someone isn't bothering anyone else, I think they're free to do what they like.) Haven't actually been shooting in years, though. A buddy of mine and I were talking about it today. Just don't have the time anymore and guns have gotten so expensive.

I saw a couple of posts about the Monteagle event. I might try to make it down.

rrog

A-List Customer
Welcome to the lounge Professor. There are several ministers here. But it doesn't seem to matter, as just about everyone displays class and manners. There's not much mud-slinging and besides that, it's a very educational lounge, as you've already seen.

Welcome to you too, Gilgamark. It's good to see another Tennessean in the lounge. I'm over in Knoxville. I've always carried, but with deadly shootings in Knoxville at a church, high school and mall, all within the last six months, even my wife is considering getting her carry permit. The reasons for the shootings? A nut case, a drug deal and bad customer service! :eek: So imho, Ted's right on with his 2nd Amendment views. But I won't say any more about it because this has been a classy, well-mannered forum and I've seen too many threads spiral downward because of discussions about politics and the 2nd Amendment. I don't want to be responsible for that happening here.

So welcome to both of you. And Gilgamark, the meeting in February is pretty close to you. I'm new myself, but I'm going to try to come just because it's so close and I think it would be neat to meet many of the ones I've learned so much from. It would be nice to meet you too.

Hey CJ, do you have any Hoppe's I can borrow? ;)

rrog

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
K'ville

rrog, I'm in Knoxville fairly regularly. Have several friends up there and family in Oak Ridge. Didn't make any Vols games this year, but I didn't miss much. I'll have to see how my schedule is in February, but the Monteagle gathering sounds like something I'd like to attend. Monteagle is a great place for socializing.

theprofessor

New in Town
thanks all!

sorry it's been so long for me to respond, i too was busy listening to uncle ted and cleaning my guns, without a drop of cleaning solution on my signature gold tie! carlisle... your avatar reminds me another vice... the banjo - sullivan bardstown made in louisville, ky. great looking guitar! gil, have to say that with a record like that, i'm sorry you weren't working on the presidential race. anyway, back to hats, i was wearing my AB today with my trusty jeans and orvis montana morning sweatshirt, and bumped into a guy at sam's club wearing a nice black stingy brim. naturally we had a nice conversation. wearing hats is like riding a harley, brothers of like mind always make fast friends. look forward to getting to know you all better.

m.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails