Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fortune & Glory Coalition {Adventurebilt}

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Yes, it is really easy to wear with lots of colors.

Steve suggested the color when I told him I was looking for a dark gray fedora. He sent me swatches and I chose this one.

I can hardly wait this summer and fall to wear it when I go traveling around looking at old graveyards (ancestor research) and/or visiting friends.

karol

RBH

Bartender
bump

with all the Indy talk and this great photo!!!

I reposted this from WEEGEE from another thread. It was such a great photo I just had to do it.
thanks WEEGEE!

... on assignment in Greenland. I wore my Grey Adventurebilt in beaver. On one of the trips to the Arctic we landed in the C-130 at a scientific research station Summit Camp.....

MFMPFGLASIAR.jpg

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Actually, the ribbon is a somewhat darker charcoal gray; like the hat, it seems to be a slightly different color in various kinds of light. Sometimes it has a brownish look, as does the hat, other times I can see what looks like a greenish glow to it.

But it is really a darker shiny charcoal gray on charcoal gray.

karol

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Adventurebilt...with a 'twist!'...THE AVIATOR.

This is "The Aviator" hat, which is a homage to the great aviation pioneer and movie mogul, Howard Hughes. Created and styled by our very own member, Marc from Germany, he uses top grade beaver complimented by original antique ribbon.
With the blessing of Steve Delk in the US, Marc works from his European base under The Adventurebilt Hat Company name, producing both the IJ styled hat and also The Aviator styled hat (which I feel makes a healthy change 'away' from just the IJ hat [huh] )..

A beautiful piece of workmanship, Marc handcrafts every hat with the love, attention and detail of the enthusiast that he is. Plus, it's great for any of us Europeans to have this home grown talent! on our own doorstep.

These few photos should give you an idea of The Aviator hat and how it differs from the tradional IJ hat from AB. Always good to have a choice of styles I feel...[huh]

HH.jpg

LA20Poster1.jpg

hughs20vegas20shopped20copy1-1.jpg

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I too love my Adventurebilts especially the Deluxe produced by Marc. The amount of care and devotion to detail is amazing.
DSCN3139.jpg

My second Deluxe
DSCN3795-1.jpg

and of course the IJ by Steve
DSCN3554.jpg

AlanC

DOUGLAS said:

Who made that herringbone coat, Douglas? I see the folded under fabric on the collar, which usually means hand made.

The hats looks great. I'm on the waiting list...somewhere...way down...

DOUGLAS

Hats and rain, can't beat it. I rarely use an umbrella so my hats are my only protection.

Alan, that jacket is a very poorly made J CREW. the fabric is good but it fits horribly.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Those are some great looking lids you have there Douglas! Wow! I dig on the Delux made by Marc. the swoop in the brim has a classic 1930's European look. If I remember correctly you posted some other shots of that hat a while back. Do you still have any of those? The original thread is void of the images.

Cheers!

Dan

Mulceber

Practically Family
Yes! Finally a coalition I can join! Here's my contribution:

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

Yeah, I know it needs a reblock.:eusa_doh: I'll probably send it in once I've gotten my second one in the mail. -Mulceber

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic