Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fortune & Glory Coalition {Adventurebilt}

indycop

I'll Lock Up
MrFusion said:
Indycop, is that the CS blocked AB? What is the liner like - is it the same as the AB Deluxe?
Yep it is the CS hat! Its the white liner with the staff of ra headpiece in gold, the deluxe has the headpiece with a red surrounding I believe. Can somebody help me on that?

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ehtyva said:
ABs look amazing, but I can't seem to justify spending $400 on one :O

Then you shouldn't. That's what's great about having a lot of options. You can the look of the 'old' AB through Camptown for half that.

$400 is still less than Optimo, though, and considering that Steve has a year backlog raising prices is really the only option for him.

HDRnR

A-List Customer
ehtyva said:
ABs look amazing, but I can't seem to justify spending $400 on one :O

Wasn't the price just recently around 250 bucks for adventurebilts ? What happened ? I guess the price of crude oil is effecting everything...:p

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
AlanC said:
^The result of Steve and Mark's own fortune and glory. Steve has a year backlog, so the demand clearly is there.

Don't quote me on this fellas, but I believe Steve has a prior-to-fortune-and-glory-returning-customer discount policy. Some thing like "those who purchased an AB when they were still a relatively unknown quantity, prior to Indy 4 vendor announcement, will continue to pay the original price on future orders". Pretty sure I read that on COW a while ago, but you might want to search it for yourselves or email/phone Steve.

Regards, Andy

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Steve's apparently been sick, which explains why no ABs have been going out the past little bit. I expect mine ought to be here shortly after he gets healed up. I'm sure he's been working too hard and it's caught up with him.

fatwoul

Practically Family
AlanC said:
Steve's apparently been sick, which explains why no ABs have been going out the past little bit. I expect mine ought to be here shortly after he gets healed up. I'm sure he's been working too hard and it's caught up with him.

Not surprised the guy is going to get ill when he's under so much pressure - He must be getting floods now that the film is out.

Anyway, I'm sure I speak for everyone in wishing him a speedy recovery (no, not just because I too am waiting for my AB! lol ).

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I am very sorry to hear that Steve has been sick, I wish him a very speedy recovery.

My Adventurebilt, which I got in 2006, just took a wonderous journey with me, back to San Diego where I had lived for 23 years before returning to Iowa to be with my elderly mother.

The hat sat on my knee on the plane flight coming and going, never out of my sight, and we went together to the Anza-Borrego Desert where it graced my head when I walked around in the desert sun and at night when I watched the stars and thought I saw a UFO, but it turned out to be a weird planet, either that or something over a military base).

I wore it around town in SD when the weather was chilly and also when the weather was hot, so my hat has had some adventures of its own.

karol

indycop

I'll Lock Up
K.D. Lightner said:
My Adventurebilt, which I got in 2006, just took a wonderous journey with me, back to San Diego where I had lived for 23 years before returning to Iowa to be with my elderly mother.

The hat sat on my knee on the plane flight coming and going, never out of my sight, and we went together to the Anza-Borrego Desert where it graced my head when I walked around in the desert sun and at night when I watched the stars and thought I saw a UFO, but it turned out to be a weird planet, either that or something over a military base).

I wore it around town in SD when the weather was chilly and also when the weather was hot, so my hat has had some adventures of its own.

karol

worthlesswithoutpics :D :D

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I didn't take photos on my trip, the photos are in my head.

Photos were posted earlier in the thread and don't feel like I have to elongate the thread by posting them all over again.

Sorry, if photos are needed when I post, I won't post on this thread again.

karol

1911 Man

A-List Customer
My Raiders AB

HPIM0759.jpg

The hat looks much better in person, I do not, but the photo quality is mediocre

swisslet

New in Town
I want an AB almost as much because it's such a great story of dedication and obsession as because it's such a superb hat. The fact that Marc and Steve's journey has led to them being the official hats in Indy IV is brilliant.

I'm not sure my wife will understand, but sooner or later I'm going to be joining the waiting list, I think.

Luckily for me, the exchange rates mean that the GBP comes out OK for both the standard and the deluxe, so I should get to choose. A nice problem to have, I think, although I will order and then fret for 12 months that it will fit me okay. Nothing like instant gratification, and all the better for it.

Aren't they working really hard at the moment to come up with a factory produced AB to supplement the handmades?

ST

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes