Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girdles, Corsets, and Underpinnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
KittyT said:
I love wearing high-waisted panties. I find that you end up with fewer visible lines when the waistbands of everything you're wearing fall at the same place. I like that high waisted panties almost always have a full rear, which I HAVE to have. If it's not a thong, I don't want it up my bum, thankyouverymuch. I also think they look better on (I mean, if someone else is seeing them) because they fall at the smallest part of your waist, which is extremely flattering.

I actually have thongs that go to the waist, and I often wear those with high waisted skirts and dresses. All the high waisted panties I've worn have leg elastic that tends to rub the tops off my thighs if worn long enough.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
I don't like to wear high waisted panties unless I have good reason to, and so far I haven't found many! lol

Here's a good reason: when you wear at-the-waist or high-waisted trousers, the elastic waistband of your low-rise panties makes a ridge in the middle of your tummy. Maybe this doesn't happen with slimmer ladies or ladies that haven't had babies, but it looks awful when it happens!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Mrs. Merl said:
I can't find a good reason to wear a thong on a regular basis...[huh]

The #1 reason: no VPL!!!

There are some that are very comfortable and a lot that aren't. It's just a matter of finding the right ones.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
The one big thing about the sheer nylon panties - they just aren't durable and run and tear easily. I have one pair from SiL that I happen to be wearing today and put a huge run in :-( Not sure how, probably one of the metal adjusters on my garter belt. And SiL no longer sells this style. BOO.

Miss_Bella_Hell

kamikat said:
Here's a good reason: when you wear at-the-waist or high-waisted trousers, the elastic waistband of your low-rise panties makes a ridge in the middle of your tummy. Maybe this doesn't happen with slimmer ladies or ladies that haven't had babies, but it looks awful when it happens!

Oh yes, it happens! That's the reason I don't like boy shorts, either. There's a ridge across the bum! I should say though, I don't tend to wear low-rise thongs unless I'm wearing low-rise clothing, which is rare. I find that the sides of a thong can easily be adjusted up or down depending on your needs, and if something is high waisted and flat across the front like a pant, it's just a matter of getting something with a little more coverage, like this: http://www.barenecessities.com/prod...lita1200&cm_mmc=NXTG-_-Panty-_-Elita1200-_-NA

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Interesting! Not sure what you mean, but I haven't noticed any problems so far, and it's been...well, about 10 years! lol

I've actually heard about this. The thong part can act like a wick for bacteria from your rear. Sorry, not sure how else to put that :-/

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
I will not go into details. But, thongs touch portions of our anatomy that regular underwear do not regularly. If you have a great deal of trouble with UTIs and such a doctor may even recommend a change of wardrobe (so if no problems then well you must be good to go.)

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
yeah, I dont really wear thongs.. I am not into that.

I wear regular low rise VS "no panty line" undies and dont really have a problem with them showing.
not that i have noticed. I will be checking now though./ lol

Lareesie Ladavi

One of the Regulars
Fredericks of Hollywood have thongs just for pany lines and they are fricken comfortable. I only wear their panties because they don't have elsatic.
I would try the Bridget thong (favorite!) or the Fantasy thong. Seriously check them out! Women of all shapes and sizes would buy these by the truck loads! They don't cut into your leg and you can't feel them rub in those unmentionable areas. ;)

http://www.fredericks.com/product.asp?catalog_name=Holiday2002&category_name=Thongs&product_id=53311

http://www.fredericks.com/product.asp?catalog_name=Holiday2002&category_name=Thongs&product_id=53168

Lareesie Ladavi

One of the Regulars
Mrs. Merl said:
I will not go into details. But, thongs touch portions of our anatomy that regular underwear do not regularly. If you have a great deal of trouble with UTIs and such a doctor may even recommend a change of wardrobe (so if no problems then well you must be good to go.)

Mrs. Merl,

I suffer from cronic UTIs and I figure it's from thongs, as well (Cranberry pills are my friend).
They really are nasty, when you think about them. I wear them for my husband, but I've been considering a change for my health.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Lareesie Ladavi said:
I would try the Bridget thong (favorite!) or the Fantasy thong. Seriously check them out!

The Bridget thong is very similar to the Hanky Panky thong, which is the #1 best selling thong of all time :)

Lareesie Ladavi

One of the Regulars
Oh yeah...the Hanky is like 18 0r 20 bucks a pair...Panties better come with a warranty or guaranty a good time. hehe! ;)

Shoot, 5 bucks is a lot for panties. I miss my Fredericks discount. I need bras, but they'll have to wait until after x-mas. I think it's wrong to charge so much for under garments, especially bras. You pay for quality too.

Vintage Verve

New in Town
I have purchased a waist cincher from WKD to wear under selected dresses:

WKD.jpg

As a curvy gal (AU 14) I know that it will help me define my waist a little better. It should hopefully arrive from the UK early in the new year.

Miss_Bella_Hell

Ah I see! That makes sense. So far I've had no problems and I hate regular undies so until I start having problems I'm not gonna change! :D

Vintage Verve said:
I have purchased a waist cincher from WKD to wear under selected dresses:

WKD.jpg

As a curvy gal (AU 14) I know that it will help me define my waist a little better. It should hopefully arrive from the UK early in the new year.

Gorgeous! Tell us how it works out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic