Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girdles, Corsets, and Underpinnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blondie

Practically Family
Darhling said:
I have those!! I love them, they turn into nude thin pantyhose on the top thigh to give the apperance of they are black stay ups. The top part (tummy & butt) turns into black hose again.

Here is pics of me wearing mine..

www.darhling.com

FABULOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I HAVE to have a pair

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
kamikat said:
I started getting I Love Lucy DVDs from netflix and noticed something interesting. I don't think Ethel wears a girdle. In most of the scenes, you can see lumps and bumps. This seems very unusual. Anyone else noticed?

I think it was because in "real life" Vivian Vance was quite close in age to Lucille Ball and (since they needed to make her look a good 10-15 years older for the show) they had her clothing tailored a little tight and I assume without the correct undergarments to make her look older and frumpy.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
RebeccaMUA said:
I think it was because in "real life" Vivian Vance was quite close in age to Lucille Ball and (since they needed to make her look a good 10-15 years older for the show) they had her clothing tailored a little tight and I assume without the correct undergarments to make her look older and frumpy.

It was also in Miss Vance's contract that she had to remain at least 15 pounds overweight for as long as she appeared on the show, so as to increase the contrast with Lucy -- something emphasized by the lack of girdle!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Okay, for all the girls who are appleshaped like me and need their waist defined just short of a corset, I can STRONGLY recommend the rago cincher 21. I don't really have that much fat on my hips, it is all on my tummy, so I want defined waist - I got 2 sizes smaller than my actual waistsize so I was worried about if I could fit in it, but no problem. I really like that it only sucks in the waist (were I only need it) so I get a great hourglass shape.

GET IT!! And get it in a size smaller at least :D

palespider

One of the Regulars
Darhling said:
Okay, for all the girls who are appleshaped like me and need their waist defined just short of a corset, I can STRONGLY recommend the rago cincher 21. I don't really have that much fat on my hips, it is all on my tummy, so I want defined waist - I got 2 sizes smaller than my actual waistsize so I was worried about if I could fit in it, but no problem. I really like that it only sucks in the waist (were I only need it) so I get a great hourglass shape.

GET IT!! And get it in a size smaller at least :D

thank you so much for the personal feedback! i can't wait to get mine

TheRedHead

New in Town
corsets & girdles after birth

Don't know maybe this should be a separate thread but I'm due a baby at the end of Jan and will be hoping to get my waist back as quickly as I can. Does any one know of a particular corset or girdle that would be good? Are there any problems if I end up having a c section as the baby is breech and huge apparently! thanks!

Lareesie Ladavi

One of the Regulars
LizzieMaine said:
It was also in Miss Vance's contract that she had to remain at least 15 pounds overweight for as long as she appeared on the show, so as to increase the contrast with Lucy -- something emphasized by the lack of girdle!

I had read this also, in the Vivian Vance biography. Supossedly Lucille would call Viv during summer break, reminding Vivian that she needed to put on the pounds, before the new season. Lucialle didn't want Vivian to upstage her. They had a love/hate relationship with each other. It was rather interesting, but I digress.

Lareesie Ladavi

One of the Regulars
TheRedHead said:
Don't know maybe this should be a separate thread but I'm due a baby at the end of Jan and will be hoping to get my waist back as quickly as I can. Does any one know of a particular corset or girdle that would be good? Are there any problems if I end up having a c section as the baby is breech and huge apparently! thanks!

Miss Red, I can feel you. I had a C-section with my son. Don't worry, you'll do fine! I'll keep you in my thoughts. :)

AS far as the stomach thing goes, may I suggest a waist widdler/cincher. It has light boning, but works rather well. You just wrap it around and hook the bra hooks. I still use them, after my csection (and multiple surgeries...another story), 13 years ago. One day, I'll get a tummy tuck. :::sigh:::

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Mrs. Merl said:
Maybe this is too off topic, but do you think that waist cinching is counter productive to the muscular development in the abdomen?

That's a good point. I would tend to think that it shouldn't be a problem to wear tummy support as long as one remembers to exercise to focus on developing that area as well.

roots66

One of the Regulars
TheRedHead said:

Here's how the Indonesian women handle it.

Lareesie Ladavi

One of the Regulars
Mrs. Merl said:
Maybe this is too off topic, but do you think that waist cinching is counter productive to the muscular development in the abdomen?

Very good point!
I actually have scoliosis and arthritis in my back and I was talking to a therapist about it. The therapist are now thinking the back braces make the back/abs weak and more dependant on them. They are only good for patients that are young ( they are still growing and the brace can correct it) and for back patients that just under-went spinal surgery.

Anywho, I've had to work my back, chest and abdominal muscles to straighten my posture. They all play a role in back support. Unfortunately, they don't flatten loose skin.

As far as the cinchers, with mild boning goes, they just suck in the jelly roles, they don't do anything special for posture. It gives just sleeks the lumps and bumps. Personally, I only sport them when wearing a skirt or dress...hardly ever, these days.

Now, corsets...where to begin... They are just hot to dance in, on Saturday night. ;) hehe

TheRedHead

New in Town
post birth corset etc

Hi, Thanks to everyone for the comments and suggestions! I've been told that over here even though you are expected to work on the muscles when they're ready, many women also use some light control garments to help put pressure on things to contract back to normal. This is prob how I'll go for the first few weeks, thanks again

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Lareesie Ladavi said:
Anywho, I've had to work my back, chest and abdominal muscles to straighten my posture.

Have you tried yoga at all? It completely transformed my posture in a pretty short amount of time.

As far as the cinchers, with mild boning goes, they just suck in the jelly roles, they don't do anything special for posture. It gives just sleeks the lumps and bumps.

See, my experience has been different. I don't wear waist cinchers, but my posture did improve even when I just started wearing a panty girdle.

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
I can certainly second yoga - it is awesome for...well everything!! (I tell people it is like seeing a really gentle chiropractor - it takes a little longer but the benefits seem to last longer! And it doesn't cost a dime!)

And I can also recommend weight lifting - it has been like a miracle for my back!

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
I just purchased a corset (not as sturdy as I hoped, but not lingerie either) it's LOVELY, I don't think I'll ever actually wear it under day clothes, but It's adorable (gold with black lace/trim) It's great.unfortunately it just barely fits, if I lose ANY weight (even a pound) it'll be slipping off :( (darn weird hips, makes it difficult to take measurements) I bought it off ebay: I think the sellers Id was something like luvsecretlingerie.I'd definitely recommend them!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW