Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Golden Era Adventurers, Explorers and Heroes...

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
image005.jpg

B
T

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jimmy Doolittle became reknown racing airplanes in the 1920s-30s. He led the first raid on Tokyo in 1942 and commanded Air Force units in North Africa, the Mediterranean and European theaters afterwards.

The Gee Bee racer of 1932
ph-12588.jpg

Mike1939

One of the Regulars
Everett Ruess: Solitary 1930's explorer of the American West.

When I first read about Mr. Ruess I felt an immediate kinship towards him because of my own wanderings in the West and the fact that he traveled solo. I find myself hitting the trail on my own most of the time; funny how it's hard to find someone to put on a heavy pack, travel over rugged terrain and sleep on the hard ground next to a dying campfire. Of course, Everett Ruess did disappear in the Utah canyonlands in 1934. :(

renor27

One of the Regulars
Everett Ruess

Great add.
Had a book of his years ago with some of his block art, wonder where it is today? One of the problems of haveing a small cottage some books live in boxes.
Yes traveling alone in the desert and exploring is great fun.
Usally just the two K9s and me. We like the BMW with sidecar opens up a lot of doors people are more friendly when you are on a vintage bike
David

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Lester Dent, yes

Lester Dent was the main writer of Doc Savage under the house name of Kenneth Robeson. He loved gizmos, treasure hunting and adventuring. An appropriate person to think of stories for "The Man of Bronze"

Sincerely,
the Wolf

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Usally just the two K9s and me. We like the BMW with sidecar opens up a lot of doors people are more friendly when you are on a vintage bike
David

You need to post some pictures, my friend......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav