Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Wear A-2, contract 1939 Werber Sportswear

thor

Call Me a Cab
Very nice looking jacket! Congratulations.
Question: that HH looks smoother and less grainy then some of the other hides I've seen on JC's site. Did you request a smooth HH? I know Aero has various finishes and you can opt for smooth HH; just wondering if the HH on your A-2 is naturally smooth or if its just the way it photographs on camera? Thanks.

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Very nice looking jacket! Congratulations.
Question: that HH looks smoother and less grainy then some of the other hides I've seen on JC's site. Did you request a smooth HH? I know Aero has various finishes and you can opt for smooth HH; just wondering if the HH on your A-2 is naturally smooth or if its just the way it photographs on camera? Thanks.

Hi!

Yes, it's more smooth, but it is also the way it photographs - nevertheless the hide is more on the smooth side as requested by me. And this hide is more supple but also thicker than the oilpull-leather my Aero A-2 is made of.

Kind regards,

Johannes

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Beautiful colour, and I really like the cut. Looks Super expensive, duno how you blokes afford such luxuriance!

After placing the order you have got 1 1/2 years to save the money the jacket costs :)

Smoking of one package of cigarettes a day for 18 months is much more expensive than such a jacket, isn't it ?

Regards,

Johannes

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
After placing the order you have got 1 1/2 years to save the money the jacket costs :)

Smoking of one package of cigarettes a day for 18 months is much more expensive than such a jacket, isn't it ?

Regards,

Johannes

Yes, it's funny you see one JC's jackets and start making those calculations "Ok, £1,000 divided by 18 months..."

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Once again, firm proof that John is THE master of the A-2. Yup, the wait might be long and the price tag eye-wateringly large but don't see craftsmanship and attention to detail like that everyday of the week. Simply magnificent!

Oh, and the perfect fit. As they say around this neck of the woods, you'll be as happy as a dog with two dongers!

Stand By

One Too Many
Wowsa! Bulls-eye!!!
Very, very fine indeed and it suits you to T, Sir (tho' I'm not sure why you're not beaming with pride on the photos. I'd be sporting the biggest involuntary s**t-eating grin if that was on my back, I tell you!).
Just goes to show, you see - you get what you pay for. Some things are worth saving and shelling out some serious lettuce for.
It's not at all often that I feel envy in the Lounge, but I'll confess I do today. Nice one.

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Was a difficult shooting :)

Inwardly I was beaming of course - can't you see deep in my soul?

Thanks and kind regards,

Johannes

Wowsa! Bulls-eye!!!
Very, very fine indeed and it suits you to T, Sir (tho' I'm not sure why you're not beaming with pride on the photos. I'd be sporting the biggest involuntary s**t-eating grin if that was on my back, I tell you!).
Just goes to show, you see - you get what you pay for. Some things are worth saving and shelling out some serious lettuce for.
It's not at all often that I feel envy in the Lounge, but I'll confess I do today. Nice one.

@ Johannes:

Sir, what a lovely jacket! I haven't had much time here lately, but that looks spectacular on you! A good choice and a nice twist to see a smooth hide on a GW A-2! Enjoy it. You look like a flyer with that on!

Lungomare

A-List Customer
@ Johannes:

Sir, what a lovely jacket! I haven't had much time here lately, but that looks spectacular on you! A good choice and a nice twist to see a smooth hide on a GW A-2! Enjoy it. You look like a flyer with that on!

Thanks a lot, dear Butte for your compliments!

Kind regards,

Johannes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran