Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Wear Ventura (Modified)

767fo

One of the Regulars
I just took delivery of this Good Wear Ventura in seal Japanese HH. John was very kind to make adjustments from his production model. The modifications that were made are a more pointed collar, an extra chest pocket, and the removal of the cuff straps. I will post the detail pics at a later time but I thought I would post some wearing pics first. John is a true artist and I could not be happier. Thanks

444f3950.jpg

6e709dba.jpg

9f42b2d8.jpg

53b7799a.jpg

Last edited:

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Lovely jacket. One of those is on my wish-list (although it's very much like the Aero 30s HB, no?). You seem to get a great fit on your Goodwears. Do you mind if I ask whether you had your measurements taken by a tailor, or how you did it? I have an A1 from John on order.

SJ

D

Deleted member 16736

Did you get it with storm cuffs? How much "flop" is in the wrists?

767fo

One of the Regulars
Looks great! Any chance your photographer would snap a shot of the M-422 before the heat?? ;)
I know she's seasonal!

Thanks Scott, I will try to get some but I am running out of ways to bribe my 13 year old daughter to take them:) Here is a pic of me trying to get her to take a few more. Lol

8fc581cf.jpg

767fo

One of the Regulars
Lovely jacket. One of those is on my wish-list (although it's very much like the Aero 30s HB, no?). You seem to get a great fit on your Goodwears. Do you mind if I ask whether you had your measurements taken by a tailor, or how you did it? I have an A1 from John on order.

SJ

On John's site he has a link for sizing. Just print it out and take it to a tailor and let them measure you. Just prior to John making this jacket I had it done.

philosophy101

A-List Customer
767fo,

I've been looking through some leather jacket pics on the FL, and came across yours. Awesome jacket! The fit is so spot on, it makes me curious (if you'd be so kind): What is the difference in inches between *your* measurements (chest, waist) and the jacket's measurements? And, would i Be correct in guessing that you cannot comfortably layer a sweater under this jacket? Thanks!

nevadapd

Familiar Face
I apparently missed this thread the first time around. A very nice jacket in my opinion, and I bet your enjoying some wearing time now that Fall is in full swing!

Ishmael

Practically Family
Strange coincidence. I was also perusing this thread last night. I didn't want to wake an old thread to say it, but I'm glad someone has. Nice jacket!

767fo

One of the Regulars
767fo,

I've been looking through some leather jacket pics on the FL, and came across yours. Awesome jacket! The fit is so spot on, it makes me curious (if you'd be so kind): What is the difference in inches between *your* measurements (chest, waist) and the jacket's measurements? And, would i Be correct in guessing that you cannot comfortably layer a sweater under this jacket? Thanks!

My chest at half breath is 43.5 and the pits front and back are 24.75. I cannot wear a thick sweater under this jacket but I don't believe this style of jacket was designed that way. I can wear a tee shirt with a denim or thick type dress shirt and have plenty of room.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails