Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GoodWear J.A. Dubow 20960

B-24J

One of the Regulars
Believe it or not I was sitting in the lounge one day... minding my "P's and Q's" when lo and behold I get an email form J.C. himself... John Chapman of GoodWear NOT the other guy! Though truth be told, given his reputation, the amount of work he has lined up and his fanatical attention to detail, I expected to hear from the Other J.C. first. Needless to say I was dumbstruck. Last time I felt like this was when I got an actual snail mail letter from Ken Calder. Mr. Chapman and I discussed various Redskin models and his family's history in Troy, New York but he also mentioned a jacket he thought I might be interested in. Seems a WWII vet wanted a Dubow 20960 made of "soft" horsehide. Although quite good (to me at least) the buyer sent the jacket back and Mr. Chapman made him another. The original jacket "sat around" for years until Mr. Chapman thought of me. Me????!!!!! Well he sent the jacket along "on spec" and After trying her on I've decided to keep her!

Russet Horsehide J.A. Dubow 20960

IMG_1192_zpsb12aac5f.jpg

Front Open

IMG_1191_zps08ca01eb.jpg

Front Closed

IMG_1189_zpsd1ff6494.jpg

Side View

I think it fits well. It is the softest Horse I've EVER felt and I like the color. For those interested, yes it's a 1911 Campaign Hat. The Cavalary Unit is Company K, 9th U.S. Cavalry.

Worf

Wow, the Lord has indeed smiled upon thee!

Now, if you replace the keys on your hip with a different kind of 1911 the look will be complete.

John

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I like it. Makes me want to get another jacket, but I've got 3 already - I've got the bug oh NO!

Ruh Roh!!!! Sorry man... didn't mean to give you the itch. Still diggin your last jacket though... lovin' that color!!!!! How's the road traffic in N Viet Nam? Do they drive ANY better than their southern cousins did?

Worf

Asienizen

One of the Regulars
Ruh Roh!!!! Sorry man... didn't mean to give you the itch. Still diggin your last jacket though... lovin' that color!!!!! How's the road traffic in N Viet Nam? Do they drive ANY better than their southern cousins did?

Worf

Thanks for the shout out. Recently I've moved from Da Nang, back to Ha Noi. The weather is about 68F and dry - perfect A2 weather for me. To answer your question - Hanoiians are about the worst drivers in the country. I've already had 3 body contacts in 2 days.
I've recently posted photos from my most recent trip up the Ho Chi Minh Trail in the Steamer trunk - If you'd like to know more. I hope I'm not hijacking your thread.
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...Chi-Minh-Trail&p=1723070&posted=1#post1723070

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the love folks. Goodness gracious how I love the international flavor of this Forum. Friendly folks from all corners of the world. There's a lot of "bad" on the net but some good as well... THIS place falls in the latter.

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo