Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Goodwood Revival

Fury964

Familiar Face
Great. Come and say hello. I'll be on the airfield in front of the aero club.
Glad to see the bottom button of ones waist coat undone!

Fury964

Familiar Face
Last edited:

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Are there any loungers going along to Goodwood revival this year?

It's on my must do list. It's the perfect event to satisfy my obsessions with WWII Fighter Command and classic British motorcars. And it's a hop, skip and a jump from Tangmere and Westhampnett. The perfect holiday!

Fury964

Familiar Face
Tangmere is even closer. I would not want to live anywhere else at the moment. My love of classic cars and aircraft is totally fulfilled. Goodwood have a two seat Spit' based there now and it regularly flies over my house performing lazy aerobatics. And just to add more into the mix, the Vulcan that had been showing at Eastbourne air show the other weekend, had flown along the coast and then turned north at Ford which is in front of my house? Another great sounding aircraft.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
You'll have to do that course I believe they are offering on the Spit!

You are a lucky so-and-so having all that beautiful heavy metal droning around outside your front door :D

Fury964

Familiar Face
You'll have to do that course I believe they are offering on the Spit!

You are a lucky so-and-so having all that beautiful heavy metal droning around outside your front door :D

That would be great, but at £39K for 10 hours I'll have to swerve. It's also only a conversion course so you already have to have a PPL.
I'd settle for a ride in the back seat. I met Caroline Grace very briefly last year and said to her "OK Caroline, which organ do I need to donate for a flight" in jest you understand. She didn't seem to be open to the idea though.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
That would be great, but at £39K for 10 hours I'll have to swerve. It's also only a conversion course so you already have to have a PPL.
I'd settle for a ride in the back seat. I met Caroline Grace very briefly last year and said to her "OK Caroline, which organ do I need to donate for a flight" in jest you understand. She didn't seem to be open to the idea though.

Hell's bells! Is that what they're charging??!! Definitely one for the "after I've won the lottery" list.

Talking of the Grace Spit, is it still in 485 markings?

Fury964

Familiar Face
Hell's bells! Is that what they're charging??!! Definitely one for the "after I've won the lottery" list.

Talking of the Grace Spit, is it still in 485 markings?

7b78fad1.jpg

e15f25fd.jpg

2e74e7b1.jpg

It was last year. This is Carolines Spit having just landed on the Thursday before Revival opened last year. I don't know if it's had a respray since then. Caroline was actually a passenger this time.

oh yeah, and then this landed:
20547af5.jpg

Last edited:

Fury964

Familiar Face
I'm sure I don't have to sell it you any more but it is a really great weekend, a real step back in time and for three days in the year, people are more polite than they are on a daily basis.
Give me a shout when you get over here and we can have a good old English warm beer........well, maybe it doesn't have to be that much of a step back in time.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
2e74e7b1.jpg

It was last year. This is Carolines Spit having just landed on the Thursday before Revival opened last year. I don't know if it's had a respray since then. Caroline was actually a passenger this time.

Still in the colours of Johnnie Houlton's 485 mount I see. Being a Kiwi that's fine by me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy