Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Got blocked by Simmons Bilt Instagram because my comment

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm a little late entering the fray here, but, going back to the generational fusillade of a few pages back, I have to say I feel some sympathy for the kids today. I'm 66 years old, but when I left home on the morning of my 18th birthday I was free as a bird and managed to travel for most of the next five years without too often finding myself on my keester. But things have never been easy, and they've certainly gotten worse since I was that age. Thinking folk might want to take a look at Thomas Piketty's "Capital in the Twenty-First Century," a truly landmark book in which he shows how, since the early Eighties, we've all sunk economically back to the levels of the 1890's. What particularly strikes me these days is the pressure young people are under economically, and, really in all sorts of ways. Just paying for a place to live costs a least twice what it used to, never mind food and everything else. Worst of all, in some ways, is the absolutely constant pressure caused by electronic devices, which are, in some ways, a blessing, but in many more ways a curse. We were free in ways that would be unimaginable today.
As regards clothing, I don't think I've changed my style hardly at all since I was a teenager. I recently saw a photo of some friends and me back in 1971 and I had to laugh at how modern we looked: leather jackets or overcoats, jeans, boots, etc., not much different from what I often see today. The biggest difference I see is in the quality of the materials being used, besides the lack of any formal attire (jackets, ties, etc.), which I continue to wear to work and for which I constantly receive comments. Change happens, sometimes good and sometimes bad.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I can't even think of a jacket that'd go with this bike. . .
Well, as the saying goes, you've got to think outside of the box. Think Meatloaf, think Rocky Horror, think:
gold biker jacket.jpeg gold biker.jpg gold biker man bag.jpg
The second picture has Hell's Angels wings, for fun. The last photo is the ultimate man-bag.

zebedee

One Too Many
Pale blue jeans, sans belt, often the recipient of a tucked-in shirt, worn with white sneakers and pulled up high enough to be devoured by your arse are not a purely psychological phenomenon.

It seems that the way around the dread condition is dark-coloured denim that fits properly and doesn't stack, as well as footwear that goes with the darker jeans. The only pair of jeans that I have are now very dark blue- I took my last pale pair a few days ago, and, in hope and newfound loneliness, binned them while on vacation.

Last edited:
He's actually dancing, not conveying a benediction as one might first imagine.

Initially you may feel pity or an urge to shelter or protect this man, but what you should feel is an incredible sense of teeth-gritting admiration: those jeans have castrated him, but still he grooves on.

I literally lol'd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo