Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gotta couple a suits on the way

Rooster

Practically Family
Well, They are two of the suits I've been mooning over since last spring. I've been selling off some of the low end items of my gun and militaria collection to pump some inventory into my business lately, and these purchases are just kind of a treat for parting with some of my old toys.....as if I ever needed a reason to buy new toys.lol

Jerekson

One Too Many
wow, both of those suits are awesome...

Be sure to get lots of pictures when they arrive...

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Wow, Rooster, you've certainly made my hubby, Harry Pierpont, jealous!
Looking forward to seeing you dressed to the nines in your new suits.
Now Harry and I will definitely have to connect with you for dinner somewhere when you get the suits. Look out Quad-Cities - TWO stylish men with fedoras!

Rooster

Practically Family
BonnieJean said:
Wow, Rooster, you've certainly made my hubby, Harry Pierpont, jealous!
Looking forward to seeing you dressed to the nines in your new suits.
Now Harry and I will definitely have to connect with you for dinner somewhere when you get the suits. Look out Quad-Cities - TWO stylish men with fedoras!
Say, sorry I missed you folks when you were in town....hob knobing with the rich folks at the country club and all.:whistling
Let's get an event together for us Midwestern folks this fall so we can all strut our stuff.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Rooster said:
Ordered two suits recently, this one from mycustomtailor.com
http://www.mycustomtailor.com/fabrics.php?styleID=8332 I got it in ivory irish linen with out the waist coat.
I also ordered this on from Magnoli in golden rod with the nassau pants instead of the marrakesh pants.
https://host385.ipowerweb.com/~indy...id=82&osCsid=9f1e6c88877e1ab5b7064a45c17871f9
Now for the waiting.....:eusa_doh:
Any comments or opinions?

Why did you tightarse on the vest instead of going the whole FL Menjou Monty...????[huh] [huh] :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :(

What was the cost of the full ensemble in Irish linen?

Cheers Cookie

Rooster

Practically Family
cookie said:
Why did you tightarse on the vest instead of going the whole FL Menjou Monty...????[huh] [huh] :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :(

What was the cost of the full ensemble in Irish linen?

Cheers Cookie
It's incredibly hot and humid here in the midwest, that's why I went with out the vest. The reality is I'll stand out like a sore thumb wearing an ivory linen suit around here in the summer anyway, nobody is likely to notice if I have a vest on or not when eveybody else is wearing a muscle shirt ,cargo shorts and sandals lol
I agonized over wether to include the vest or not. My practical side won out. I think it's about $70 more, the money really wasn't the issue. If when I get it and it really needs the vest I might well get it made. The bigest choice was the color, ivory was a last minute choice, I was going to go with petrol. I paid $300 , so I'll assume with the vest the price would have been around $370.
If this all works out well and these people really know what they're doing I'll give them a little more business. I just bought a 1941 dated dbl breasted jacket that fits me like it was made for me. I'd like to send it to these folks and have it reproduced with a pair of pants.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails